1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dandruff Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vatsi, Dec 23, 2005.

1. seemalv

seemalv New IL'ite

Thanks for all the tips

2. seemalv

seemalv New IL'ite

They are indeed very helpful

3. sindhu705

sindhu705 New IL'ite

Re: Dealing With Dandruff

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> To remove Dandruff:
    1) Add 1 teaspoon of camphor to half a cup of coconut or neem oil. Store it in glass container.
    Dosage: Massage this oil into the scalp before bed.
    2) Mix 1 teaspoon of castor, mustard and coconut oil each and massage into the scalp.
    3) Mix one part of lemon juice with two parts of coconut oil. Massage into the roots of the hair regularly.
    4) You can use good quality coconut or mixture of almond and olive oil. Apply any of these mildly warmed oils to your hair and gently massage into your scalp evenly with your fingertips. Leave on overnight if you can, if not, leave on for at least an hour or two and then wash hair.

4. sindhu705

sindhu705 New IL'ite

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Try the following:

1. Mix 2 teaspoons pure vinegar in 6 teaspoons water and apply it on the scalp before going to bed. Tie a towel around the head. Wash your head next morning. After shampooing, rinse again with vinegar water. Treat your hair like this once a week for at least three months.
    2. Mix 1 teaspoons lemon juice with 2 teaspoons vinegar and massage on the scalp. Wash your hair with an egg shampoo.
    3. Take 1 part almond oil, 1 part pure sulphur powder, 2 parts 'surgical spirit' and 4 parts distilled water or rose water and mix well. Rub on the scalp.
    4. Take 2 cup water, add 4-5 tablespoons dried thyme and boil for 10 minutes. Cool, strain, and use the mixture to massage scalp. Keep for half an hour.
    5. Dissolve 2 aspirins in any dandruff shampoo and wash your hair.
    6. Massage the scalp with almond oil. Dip a towel in boiling water and wrap it around the hair. Repeat it thrice or four times when the towel gets cold.
    7. Make a shampoo by mixing 100 g each of amla (Indian goose berry), reetha, and shikakai, and boil in two litre of water until the liquid reduces to half. Use this shampoo for one month. Dandruff will vanish and your hair will become thick.
    8. Grind fenugreek (methi) seeds soaked in water overnight. Massage this paste on scalp and hair and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
    9. Wash your hair with warm apple cider vinegar. Then cover your head with a towel or a shower cap and leave for about 30-40 minutes. Rinse with plain water. Repeat 2 times a week until your dandruff goes away.
    10. Mix 100 g witch hazel and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice in 200 ml water. Shampoo your hair and apply with cotton to the scalp when the hair are still wet. Repeat several times until the dandruff is treated.
    11. Try a shampoo with selenium sulfide or salicylic acid.

5. ownprincess

ownprincess Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the tips sindhu705..

6. Dasmanvi

Dasmanvi New IL'ite

wow! i have been harassed with dandruff problem for so long. i'll try these tips ladies!!

7. Ribbo

Ribbo Bronze IL'ite

Here's something I used to get rid of dandruff.

I used about 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel (which i bought from a shop , only 94% pure ) on my scalp when washing my hair and message thoroughly and let it be there for about 5 minutes. After washing it off, my dandruff was cleared and didn't have that problem for sometime. So when I get too much dandruff I use a bit of aloe vera gel on my scalp and get rid of the problem. :)
    Better if you can use fresh pure aloe vera straight from the plant. :)

8. smitli

smitli New IL'ite

Thanks for the tips!

9. nainaa999

nainaa999 New IL'ite

my mother said to wash ur hair with bicarbonated soda instead of shampoo to get rid of dandruff your hair will go a bit dry at first but after about a week ur natural oils will come through and ur hair will be free of dandruff and not be dry any more.

10. nagvnvn

nagvnvn Silver IL'ite

Very Helpfull packs....