1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

conditioner for a 4 yrs old girl...plz advice.

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by SupSam, Aug 26, 2010.

1. SupSam

SupSam Senior IL'ite

Hi friends...

DD is 3 yrs and 8 mths and her hair reaches mid of her back, brownish black with a wavy texture ...oily scalp and normal to bit dry ends hair. I try to take ample care of her hair in terms of oiling, washing, combing, massaging, trimming once in 2 mths. As her hair are growing longer, I am finding detangling an issue. SHe is very fond of an open pony but I avoid because of the tangles as then they cause hair fall however carefully I undo them.

I have just recently switched to Biotique green apple daily cleaning shampoo (its shampoo plus conditioner)...wash her hair twice a week. As I apply oil to her hair regularly any baby shampoo was not really helping to remove that oil and dirt completely so I switched to this herbal product. It seems to be suiting her hair.

I need advice plz - can I start using some conditioner for her hair after hairwash to make her hair softer and tangle free. Plz suggest what conditoner should I use for her hair after hairwash. It really hurts me to see her hair falling just because of the tangles...otherwise she loses a max of say 5-6 strands of her during wash days and say max3-4 strands during combing. I comb her hair twice a day.

Plz advice.
    Supriya.

2. SupSam

SupSam Senior IL'ite

no replies :-(

3. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

You can carry on with Biotique products... You can also try meera shampoo powder . as it free from harmful chemicals compared to other products.

You can use conditioner but apply only to hair ends.. IF you feel conditioner is too early to start with. Instead you apply hair oil to hair ends . to avoid tangles. Just take 2 drops and apply to wet/damp hair. It gives good results more than the conditioner.

4. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Hi Supsam,
    Even my daughter is 6 years old.I started using conditioner after shampooing from her age of 5.I think you can use a good conditioner for your daughter right now itself.When I give her head bath there is not even 1 strand of hair lose and no single hair lose while combing also.Also the hair becomes very shiny and smooth.
    I am using dove shampoo and dove conditioner for my daughter.
    You can definitely try this.Also ensure fruits and veggies in your daughter's diet.This will give very good results.
    Be careful while applying conditioner.Conditioner should be applied only over the hair and not over the scalp.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  5. SupSam

SupSam Senior IL'ite

Thanks dolly and hema.. I'll take both of yours advice... :) shall start using conditioner at hair ends and shall go with biotique... Does biotique have any conditioner too?? I shall get one today itself. Since last 2 sundays I had been giving her last hair wash with a mug of water with few drops of vinegar...but then I felt bit hitchy about it and for dove...its products didnt suit me much and I personally feel Biotique for sure must be having some extracts of naturals that they claim if not 100% natural :).

Mainly I was doubtful of starting a conditioner at this age.

Thanks again,
    Supriya.

6. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

Yes Biotique products do have conditioner...