1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Turmeric in Shampoo? Is it unhealthy?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by ArunaSashi, Jul 8, 2010.

1. ArunaSashi

ArunaSashi Bronze IL'ite

I used to buy VLCC normal shampoo before.. But now, the production has been stopped for it and soya protein shampoo is being sold..
    It has turmeric as an ingredient!!
    http://[URL="http://www.vlccpersonalcare.com/hair-solution/hair-shine.html"]www.vlccpersonalcare.com/hair-solution/hair-shine.html[/URL]

Only the VLCC normal shampoo controlled my hairfall because it was very light and had less chemicals.. Now I have started using Biotique.. Which also has something to do with turmeric..
    Soya Protein Shampoo (Biotique Herbal) | Hair Care Products | Biotique Herbal Products | Beauty & Personal Care

I just used Biotique today and didnt have much hairfall.. Sacred of the turmeric content.. Can someome tell me whether it is harmful..

Non-herbal shampoos don't suit my hair..

2. ShwetaK

ShwetaK New IL'ite

Turmeric in shampoo ?? what it use of turmeric for hairs? It sounds me horrible.. I've never heard such ingredient in shampoo

3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

i dono what logic it makes but my grand ma used to say when i apply turmeric to face she was asking me to be cautious not to apply to eyebrows or hair as it becomes white..but i dono how true it is ...

4. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Dont worry Biotique is a reliable product. Its just a part of the ingredients in the shampoo and turmeric is just a germ killer to prevent dandraff and other infection. It will not affect the hair. If you fear abt turmeric try other shampoo like green apple from biotique as per ur choice.

5. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

sounds strange to me too.turmeric is usually used for hair removal.

6. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Turmeric has a bleaching effect, thats the reason people apply it on thei face and body and as lavii said, not applying it to hair and eyebrows!

Turmeric in shampoo is a bad combination!:notthatway:

Have you tried Himalaya shampoo? Its herbal and totally safe to use.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  7. amritavarshini

amritavarshini Bronze IL'ite

aruna...im not sure y they use turmeric in shampoos but if u feel that it might cause problems to ur hair y dont u switch over to some other brands..biotique is good...and i dont know whether certain shampoos can actually control hairfall as they claim..even the herbal ones are not 100% chemical free..most of them contain SLES, SLS and parabens...