1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

EAD but no work?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by akruti9, May 12, 2010.

1. akruti9

akruti9 Senior IL'ite

HI Friends,

I have seen so many posts of H4 but nothing to do. I too was in H4 for the past 2 years and felt the same but I tell you now I got EAD and it's the same. NO JOB. Applying for Ato Z al kinds of job but no response. Is anyone in my position. Having an EAD but unemployed because of recession. I don't have kids too. We are trying but not able to conceive. It's ben 4 years of our marriage. I tell you It's really frustrating. Daily waking up but nothing to do. PLease help me what should I do?

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Akruti, I am also in the same position. I do have an EAD but not able to find a job. For one thing, I dont have any experience. So I think that might be one reason. I dont know about you. If you have work experience , you will be able to find a job. Meanwhile you can try volunteer jobs.See if you can find volunteer jobs in your area of education and/or past experience.Good Luck.

3. akruti9

akruti9 Senior IL'ite

HI Chocolate,

I too don't have nay work experience just some knwoledge of some IT tools but no handson experience, It's really frustrating. I have license but don't have extra car. Since single payment can't afford another car. All the best to you too dear!!.......

4. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Akruti, Thanks. I am also bored sitting at home.I was thinking of taking up a course in community college and then freelance some designing services.You can try that too if you are up for it.Good Luck.

5. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

akruti9 and chocolate...just relax and keep searching. I know it's frustrating unable to find a job in the current market but never loose hope , you'll never know. While you are applying for jobs online try updating your skill set on the side, try to learn a new tech, keep attening any and all interviews..it will help you a lot

Let me tell you one thing...You guys are really fortunate having an EAD. Consider the situation if you are on a H1 and no job.You'll definetly be more tensed thinking about what action your employer would take.

I bring in a six figure salary- but am still on H1. .I left my GC process midway in 2007,had I waited another month or so I could have got my EAD .I left because I got married and had to leave my previous client. I had to restart again from scratch and I am my own (GC) primary applicant. I used to worry a lot about what would happen if I loose my job.But I took it easy since last year. Worrying would just do more harm...Just HOPE keeps me going and the very thought that I am better than many people struggling to find a job in this economy

Trust me..seriously you guys are in a better situation than most of us on H1s. Good luck with the job search and never loose your confidence and more importantly your hope

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  6. Rishi_new

Rishi_new New IL'ite

Hi Chocolate,akruthi,
    Even me too in same situation,worked on EAD for some time lost job and not able to find another one from past one year really frustrating i kept location constraints i dont know may be its the reason i keep this because i faced the problems being away from home.i dont know what to do now a days thinking of doing any office jobs do u guys had any idea ,
    share ur ideas.

7. akruti9

akruti9 Senior IL'ite

HI Rishi, Phani and chocolate,

Phani you are right being on H1 with no job is really more frustrating but sometimes I really don't understand. I have not only applied for IT job, I ahev also applied for admin, Bank teller and what not. all kin ds of job but not getting any interview call or anything. Every morning I wake up expecting some cal but no call friday comes I relax. again on MOnday every week I feel like let's grab a job atleast this week and again no result. Chocolate did you join any course? Please tell me what to do. I ahev lil knowledge of Html,Css, Sql and QA and have a 6 months recruiting expereince but again the indian consultancy was closing so I was laid off. oTher than this I don't haev any experince. Do you guys have any idea what should I do? what should I do to get a job? I too have a place constraint :( It's relaly frustrating.

8. Rishi_new

Rishi_new New IL'ite

Hi Akruthi,
    Yes i too dont have exp for my before job but some how got it ,now i am not getting any second one trying from so long,mean while for time pass i joined swag bucks,and some times reading .i am also interested in out of box jobs,but feel sorry abt ur unsuccessful search,do u have any idea of how ur searching abt about other jobs,any hotel jobs or any let me know yaar .

9. akruti9

akruti9 Senior IL'ite

HI rishi,

Go to craigslist.com and apply for al sorts of jobs. I am not geting any but probably you might get it. All the best for your search.

10. Rishi_new

Rishi_new New IL'ite

Hi akruthi,
    I used to search craigslist beyond it jobs remaining jobs appear to fake not may be all of them but most of them are just spam