1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Tech Interviews tips (H1 - dot net)

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by vrajanya, Oct 6, 2008.

1. vrajanya

vrajanya New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am in the US for the past 1 year on H4. I recently got my H1 approval (i applied thru a consultant based in Michigan).i have no idea how to prepare for interviews here in the USA.

i worked in india for 3 years with CTS & Fiserv.i almost forgot everything during this one year. i worked on Maintenance projects (internet & intranet sites basically - Classic ASP, Html, Javascripts,ASp.net etc).i have completed 2 certifications one in C#.net & SQl 2005 - to be frank i took help of the dumps:)

my hubby do not know much about these things. we are just blindly going by whatever my consultant says.(i'll have to attend interviews by Nov 1st week)

Can anyone please help me with the interview procedures here.to what extent i need to brush up my skills? (is it like 1 hr tech interviews as in India??)

Thanks in advance
    Rajanya

2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

HI rajanya..

Congrats on being successful thru the HIb hassle :) and All the best for your job search!! Mostly the 1st round would be telephonic interviews here, followed by face to face tech and hr interviews. Telephonic would be from 15min to 30 min usually.. brush up on all what you did when you worked in India (all projects) as well as on ur tech skillsets. All the best dear..

by the way, can you please publish the name and details of ur H1B consultant so that those who r trying their luck in 2009 will be benefitted?

thanks,
    indu

3. sweety2302

sweety2302 New IL'ite

Hi

Presently I have H4 visa and i wish to apply for H1 visa..pls let me know any consultant details and the procedure from the beginning like how to apply,what type of questions they will ask and all...

4. Nithii1

Nithii1 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    EVen I would like to know the consultant name and how much did he charge you?Please let us know the details.