1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Can we study on H4 status? Or need to change to F1?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by josh, Aug 24, 2006.

1. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Re: Can we study in H4 status?

Hi Durga Devi,

About Resident status : you will be considered as a Resident of the state if and only if u have been living in that state for 12 months .If you are resident,ur fees per credit will be 3times less when compared to non-resident fee and again it depends on the universities.

About joining consulting companies/education : I do not know what education Background you are from.Have you given your GRE?Or if you have work experience in IT,u can do MS in software engineering etc which does not require GRE and again it depends on universities.If you have given GRE and you want to do MS right now,best thing is go with F1 visa as many of our ladies suggested here.

Or,If you have IT experience and Bachelor's Education,I would suggest you to go ahead and join a reliable consulting firm who would sponsor H1 for you and you could start working.Once you have H1-B,you could slowly do Part time courses towards MS .
    Hurryup if you want H1-b.Its already last week of Feb and you have to make arrangements for visa.

Goodluck,
    vaishu

2. durgadevi

durgadevi New IL'ite

Hi vaishnavilakshmi!
    Thanks alot.Ur information is really useful..Thanks!!!

Regards
    Durga

3. nasrin

nasrin New IL'ite

hi suja,

i want to do ms in chemistry.can u plz tell me whether ms is costly in h4 status or f1 status.please explain me asap. becoz tomrrow i took campus tour appointment.sothat i can ask about it. thanks.

4. houstonian

houstonian New IL'ite

On the same note, While researching I have found that there are some states which allow H-4 students to pay the resident fees, do any of you know if Texas falls in the same category, anyone has gone to school in TX under H-4 Visa? Did you have to pay in-sate or out-of-state tuition?

Thanks

5. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

I am waiting for this reply too. On some research, I found out that, they demand proof for residency, in terms of lease or utility bills.
    Also it depends on universities you apply for. Each one has different rules.

6. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

I took up some courses in illinois under h4 as in state student. they asked for proof of residency and some documents. y dont u call up a univ in texas and ask them whether they accept h4 as instate and procedure to do so?

7. vanitha81

vanitha81 New IL'ite

Hi Suja,
    I am trying to pursue M.S in computerscience in fall 2008.Iam a Electronics and communication Engineer.I have no work experience.My questions is
    1.Can i take some courses in summer08 in the university where i get admission offer to satisfy prerequisites?
    Can you please guide me through the nitty-gritties involved in studying MS....like avoiding some prerequisite courses by taking it beforehand and so on...
    Kindly share your experience.It would be of great help to people who are taking baby steps.

8. lipa123

lipa123 New IL'ite

Hi Shal ,

I am also in HR profession, and would like to pursue a course in Human Resource Management in H4 visa. can u please update me with the details of eligibility, cost, etc.

lipa

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  9. lipa123

lipa123 New IL'ite

Hi Shal ,

Can u please tell me the courses related to Human Resource Management , that I can do in H4 visa. Also tell me the eligibily and the procedure to apply.

Lipa

10. lipa123

lipa123 New IL'ite

Hi Shal ,

Can U plz tell me from where you did your MS in HRM. What is the eligibility criteria, how to apply and cost ? are there are short term courses in HR ?

Bye
    Lipa