1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

My friend H4-H1 Sucess story

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by shams86, Mar 1, 2012.

1. shams86

shams86 Bronze IL'ite

We all know that we are in H4 and as some say we are handicapped or some say we are sucked with this H4...I am also on the same boat actually, can't go for a while to a think of doing job as I am occupied with my dear daughter who is so small and I can't leave her in any day cares. My friend who was on H4 now on H1, I want to share her success story which is called the so called Strong Determination. She was an average engineer(Electronics), got married, landed USA and as all of us she too searched for work from home jobs for 1yr but invain, didn't get. Later she transferred her H4 to F1 by joining MBA online(But used to go weekend classes to other state, it was easy for her as she yet not planned for Kids). Besides her MBA she joined some institute that too for Online for just 500Dollars and got the course of Business Analyst. She completed the course in 3 months and started applying as Business Analyst in job sites as well as gave resume to Consultancies. I think she added some fake experience too as it was 4yrs gap after her engineering she started to see for jobs. Luckily within 3 months of her search she got the Job through the consultancy and right after she got her H1 too. She said she struggled for 6 months completely to be a safe and happy H1 now. I asked her the consultancy from where she got her H1 and all the stuff but I think she isn't ready to share the information. Now it will be 1yr to her H1 by next month. I felt so happy for her success as well as I felt little bit sad that I can't take such steps now as I have to take care of my kid. If I think positively then I think I have to take care of my family at this point where as career making I can do once she starts going to school. But Sometimes I feel that Can I really make at the time when i seriously think or I will push at that time also with some or the other reason. Really need courage as well as support from the circumstances too.

The reason why I have shared this real story with you friends is, Have you heard the same kind of success stories of H4-H1 in any of your friends or in yourself. So how many are you floating in the same boat as I am now?

2 people like this.

2. PanMan

PanMan New IL'ite

Hi shams86 ...nice , inspiring story.. can u tell from where ur friend did her short term business analyst course...I am also looking for some such type of courses.

3. simplegal85

simplegal85 Junior IL'ite

You can take online courses but while converting to F1 get it through accredited universities..Don't join Herguan,ITU(International Technological),TVU(Trivalley),UNVA(University of North Virginia)..they are not accredited colleges and also blacklisted by USCIS..

4. Wejath

Wejath New IL'ite

you can not get F-1 visa for online courses and/or degree(s)!!

5. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

please be cautios about these universities, I heard some porblem with trivalley....

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

so many loopholes in this story.

First online degrees in F1 Visa???? Not possible at all.
    This is what would have happened.

She joined some Desi consultancy, who trained her for Business Analyst, which is the easiest Job for people who are non IT. Then applied H1B for her.

Also why is she not sharing the information? Did you think about it. If everything is legal what's there to hide and have her friends come up in life too?

Finally, don't feel sad. Family is family.

“Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them – Work, Family, Health, Friends and Spirit and you’re keeping all of these in the air.

You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls – Family, Health, Friends and Spirit – are made of glass. If you drop one of these; they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for it.

Work efficiently during office hours and leave on time. Give the required time to your family, friends and have proper rest. Value has a value only if its value is valued.”

--> Speech by Cococola CEO.

So don't sweat, enjoy the time with your kid.

7. Simran03

Simran03 New IL'ite

ummm... i feel the same she did the course from sm desi consultancy, because its been 3 months in US and m all tired up finding a job with an MBA in hand and good expo i m sitting at home :/

8. Starup

Starup New IL'ite

Hi Gals..

Let me know if you are interested in any work from home options. PM me ur email id's

9. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,
    This entire story is filled with loopholes! She joined a desi consultant!! Dont worry, take care of your kid. No one gets an F1 doing online course. Take care of your kid right now and after some years go back to studying and join work force again !!

10. nanu86

nanu86 New IL'ite

I agree with the other girls....she cant get F1 for some ol course, I am here from last 1 and half year and not able to find consultancy who can transfer my h4 to h1b. I am having 3 years of exp in java and after that I came here ... un employed which sucks :(... please help me if you have some1