1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Medical abortion - Need help

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by ais_1982, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

I had my second missed abortion detected last satday...Growth had stopped at 6w3d...Our doc suggested to have medical abortion as i had already had a D & C for the first one...

She gave me MTpill 200mg on sunday to be taken in empty stomach...Then on tuesday i was askd to come to hospital and they gave me 4 vaginal misoprostol(Zitotec) and 4 hrs later another 2...I was under observation all the time and was later sent home.,..I have been asked to take a scan on 10th to verify if abortion is complete...

My question is How long does the heavy bleeding last??? I am bleeding like heavy period from Tuesday...Today is the 4th day...Also pain has reduced but i still have pain in the lower part( like in periods)...Can anybody here who had undergone the same experience help me out please bcoz i am a bit scared.....

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your second loss. As if the loss isn't enough, you have to deal with this too!

Bleeding - each woman reacts differently. It is possible to bleed for a month, it is possible to finish in a week. It is possible for bleeding to stop and start again and stop and start yet again and repeat several times (this is what happened to me after a spontaneous m/c). Most importantly, your hcg levels should be going down. I bled till it went to 0, which took some 3-4 weeks. Just as importantly, you should be taking care of your health. You must be devastated, quite justifiably, but you still need to make an effort to take care of yourself. Take it easy, if you can, and eat nutritious food. Help your body recover from the pregnancy. Don't rush back into exercising until your levels drop to 0, and bleeding stops. Keep yourself hydrated.

Wishing you a speedy emotional and physiological recovery.

3. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for replying...i thot i wont get any replies here....But my bleeding stopped aft 6 days and i am just spotting now....Tuk scan and there are no demonstrable products of conception in the uterus...Got to meet the doc tom....

4. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Well, I saw your post only yesterday and replied to it. All I am saying is, don't get scared if you start bleeding full on again. I began to bleed on a Wednesday. On the same Friday, my OB said that my cervix was closed and that miscarrying was done. My beta levels still kept going up, and I would start bleeding for a few days, stop, spot for a few days, stop.. you get the picture. My OB said that each pregnancy, each m/c is different. There is no way of predicting exactly what's going to happen. Do yourself a favor. If you are only spotting, and if you are at home, don't use a pad. Just buy a bunch of cotton panties and try to soak them in cold water and wash them or discard them. If you continue use of a pad, you'll add rashes down there to your troubles. They never did see any products of conception for me that pg, but that didn't stop it going on for what felt like ages.

I am not trying to scare you, rather to make sure you don't get scared.

5. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I met the doctor and she told me i will be having brown discharge ... And it may continue for sm time...which i am having...and its irritating though :bowdown Am ok now...I believe it might b due to the endometrial thickness...Its ok if spotting or bleeding occurs...atleast the tissues are out thats the main part....ow infection wil happen...Thanks a lot for ur replies...

6. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ais,

I took my Misoprostol(3pills) around 9am and till now(2.20pm) no cramping/bleeding.

Just waiting till tomo to call my nurse.