1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Period thrice in a month...is it red signal?

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by MsAspirant, Nov 11, 2009.

1. MsAspirant

MsAspirant New IL'ite

Hi friends,

My mom is struggling with this problem. She is getting her period 3times in a month in the last month. That too it was over bleeding. She is becoming so pale and weak. I am worried about her health. Even before she used to get for once in 20days for the last 2years.

When she visited gynaecologist 3months ago, she was told that no problem in her uterus, stomach and even she went through papsmear test.

My mom age is 42years. She has no major health problems so far. We two born in normal delivery only.

Some of her friends are saying that it is common to get irregular periods before menopause since she is reaching that age.

But,I am worried whether this is a big problem or not. Can any of you please let me know is it normal at this age.

Thank you so much friends.

2. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ms Aspirant,
    I dont know whether its normal or not. Its quite better to check with the Gyanec once.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

aspirant,

AT 42, have you checked her hemoglobin levels. take a second opinion. has the gynaec done tests and scans to rule out any fibroids or things.

there is a 5% likelihood of menopause. i have recently come across a few cases where they have reached menopause by 40.

but I would request you to go through this link. please do not press the panic button. read it with a open mind. and then go to your gynaec for a second opinion.

in the meanwhile, ask her to take wheatgerm juice, that replenishes the iron levels that she must be losing frequently.

and take care of her, that is the most important thing.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I too can say second opinion would be best. Periods thrice a month will make your body weak... Ask her to eat healthy food in the mean time!