1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Stopping monthly cycle for career?

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Happyc, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Happyc

Happyc New IL'ite

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I use tampax and go on with my life. No pain no cramps. I don't even know it's here. I do feel for people who suffer through their menstruation month after month. If I had it that bad, I would go for the depo shots too.

1 person likes this.
  3. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  4. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

I disagree with the op.
    I know the article portrays it as if for stopping menstruation.
    However the main reason is for contraception. Depo provera and implanon both cause amenorrhoea and is used as a contraception. Whilst using it the menstruation stops. Also if anyone takes it for contraception or for premenstrual symptoms which are quite interfering with their lifestyle then there is no problem in using it. The doctor before prescribing them will have gone through the contraindications and advised about the side effects before prescribing them. The meds are not without its side effects. So no doctor will prescribe it for the sake of just stopping menstruation. The article does mention about the PMS.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

These women are all under medical supervision. I don't think there is anything harmful in what they are doing. I have debilitating PMS every month, and if I had an option to not go through it I would take it.