1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

metformin

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by mercyanburaj, Aug 19, 2014.

1. mercyanburaj

mercyanburaj Bronze IL'ite

Hi ,
    I was diagonsed with pcod 4 months back and I'm on metformin since then. Started metformin on Apr 26 and got my periods on july1 and again i have not got my next period. Just wanted to know those who used metformin how long did it took to regulate your cycles.

Thanks and Regards,
    Mercy

2. MadhaviUP

MadhaviUP Silver IL'ite

Hi , Metformin is to control the insulin. Generally docs give this as first medicine to PCOS.You need to maintain diet and excersise along with this.So no to rice and maida products and do some yoga - mainly kapalabharathi-15mins and agnisara-15mins. These two yoga excersise along with diet control helped me to get my periods back on track with out medicines. I was having PCOD since 2008.

1 person likes this.
  3. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

As madhavi said, u need to be in diet and exercise to make things regular... so if u have got ur period last time, then there are chances u may be conceived.. did u do a hpt?

if it is not so... then try doing some yoga and exercise... or go to gym...it will help u...

baby dust on you
    Sugu

1 person likes this.
  4. mercyanburaj

hi,
    Thank u for ur concern and Yeah i did a hpt but it was bfn... yeah after startng metformin i reduced 4 kgs and my bmi is 24.2. So I'm not on strict diet. before taking medicines i used to have 53 day cycles with lot of mid cycle spotting but nw the cycle seems to get longer than usual without spotting.

5. mercyanburaj

Thank U very much for ur concern madhavi. Do u have any diet plan for pcod and did uu conceive with metformin?

6. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  7. mercyanburaj

8. MadhaviUP

MadhaviUP Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    This was the diet whcih my yoga teacher gave me, she used to give personalised diet.
    1. Morning milk with 2 drops of ghee and pinch of haldi.
    2. No to mida , bread and eggs( as eggs here harmones induced ones).
    3. limited intake of rice.
    4. Amla juice once a day or pure amla
    5. beetroot or corriander juice once a day.
    6. before you start kapalbharathi, she adviced to keep hot water towel on the stomach.

When i got my periods back i was not taking any medicies . I was just on diet and exercise.
    After getting periods for 3 motnhs regularly I was adviced to take clomid and i conceived in that cycle. I am in my 8th month now.

1 person likes this.