1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

PMS Symptoms getting worse with age...?

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by supermom1, Aug 14, 2014.

1. supermom1

supermom1 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am in my mid 30s. My PMS symptoms seem to be getting worse every time with the age. I used to hardly have any symptoms before my pregnancy. But since past 4-5 years, the symptoms start almost 1-2 weeks before the period date. I get irritable, depressed, loose all my confidence and am sad all the time. Then after the periods are over the symptoms suddenly disappear.
    Are any of you going through the same? Is it normal? What can I do to help myself?

TIA.

2. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I am younger than u in age and yet to have any babies but yes I also get PMS symptoms a week or 10 days before my periods... cramps, acne, oiliness of skin, bloating, feel irritable, craving for unhealthy sugary/salty foods etc..The smallest of things can make me to lose my temper & shout at that time..The PMS cramps I get are almost as bad as the cramps I get during periods..Unfortunately I have not found a solution for this..If anyone has a way to deal with this please reply.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

I am also going through the same problem. I have a 3 year old kid and my problem seem to have increased in the last 4- 5 months. i am looking for any natural long term remedy.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

from long ago, around 12-14 years ago, my gynaec suggested pms meds, diet control and exercises. so i am sure things are more advanced now. so check with yours.

5. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

Shanvy can you please share what diet and exercise our doc. suggested also what was the effect. I am planning to take up exercise more seriously for a monh and see if it has any impact.

6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have terrible PMS these days. I've noticed a direct correlation to my fitness level and PMS. I did go to my doc for some prescriptions for the same. She sent me back with just one, exercise. I too never had any PMS prior to last year. I associate it with stress. Exercise is a great stress buster and these days I even have manageable periods which aren't too heavy and painful. So definitely try to add exercise of any kind to your routine and see if it helps. I took up running and Zumba seriously and have immense benefits. My friend is into yoga and martial arts and is seeing the same benefits. So try exercises. Lose weight if you are not in the healthy BMI range by controlling your diet and then if your symptoms don't reduce, get some help from your docs.

7. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Ladies, I'm facing extreme problem with PMS...Around 7-10 days before my periods I get extreme abdominal pain (same as menstrual cramps)..after I get the periods, it becomes worse...Of late it has become worse.. has anyone here faced this issue? and successfully got any remedies?