1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

having PCOD. Trying to conceive.

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by vasumathi89, Sep 24, 2012.

1. vasumathi89

vasumathi89 Silver IL'ite

:) hi frnz im new to this forum.. i got married may 25th 2012... not yet concieved.. i have pcod n irregular periods.. i take metformin glycomet 850mg for pcod n krimson 35 which is contraceptive pill to regulate my periods.. i also take folic acid tablets n thyroid tablets.. i ve just diagonised with pcod n taking tablets since 1 month.. when will i get pregnant??? pls help me.. it bothers me much.. im 23 yrs old.. n my better half is 28..

2. lakshmisathish

lakshmisathish Bronze IL'ite

pcod is quiet common...
    in no way it affects pregnancy...
    if u r happy, u ll get pregnant...
    throw away all ur worries... u can even stop ur metformin, if u r not fat...
    contraceptive pills for 3 months is good, when u stop it, after 3 months, u ll get pregnant...
    hope ur doctor is trying that method...
    u r too young,, dont worry...

u can even try after 2 years...
    if u are very stressed, stop all ur medication for 2 years,,, think that u can get the baby after 2 years...
    this will relieve u from stress, n u ll become happy...
    Happiness in mind, brings baby... for sure

3. vasumathi89

thanks a lot 4 ur reply... im trying to concieve since my inlaws expect grand's.... will i get pregnant after i take contaceptive 4r 3 months ??? my doc told me to take 4r one month n return during dis periods 2nd day..

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

go through this thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/gynaecology/168575-pcod-2.html.

PCOD is common factor in woman these days. With proper medication, exercise and diet, you can soon get rid of it. If you keep worrying (yes it is not a thought but a worry) about conceiving fast, it will not help. Think positively, be worry free, stress free. Keep yourself happy that works wonders on your harmone and help you conceive.

Lots of baby dust to you. Go through the gynaecological index - useful threads which will boost your confidence. there are many ILs who have suffered or suffering from PCOD and shared their success stories.

5. vasumathi89

6. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

You get married this year and just 23year old...really surprised u want baby..so early..
    Well Itz your wish..and god will fulfill it soon...
    POCD is very common so don't get worry.be calm think positive take proper mdcn as ur Gyno suggest...
    You hv lots of time ..so don't think in hurry...

7. vasumathi89

thanks for ur reply.. i may b young but my in laws are aged.. i want them to kiss there grands when they are alive..
    i think i wish a genuine thing.. they are very aged and sick as well

8. Devika21

Devika21 Senior IL'ite

Hi vasumathi89,

I must tell you even I was diagnosed with PCOD in April 2012, before that I had three miscarriages. All due to poor egg quality due to PCOD. Then I did Clomid + Metformin treatment for four months from May 2012 to August 2012. The follicles grew but I did not conceive. Moreover as Clomid causes ovarian cancer if used for long time, I stopped it and started homeopathic treatment. Within 1 and half months of taking those medicines I got pregnant. Now I am 5 week 3 days pregnant. And so far my hCG and progesterone levels are also good. So, I would suggest you to go for some homeopathic treatment. I got it from a doctor in Kolkata. He is very popular there. All the way my hubby went from Delhi to Kolkata to get the medicines for me. We know that Doctor as we lived in Kolkata 5 years prior to moving to Delhi.

So please do not lose hope and take some good treatment. I wish you all the best.
    Baby dust to you!!!
    Devika

9. vasumathi89

kindly help me ladies !!!!!!!

NEED ADVICE :drowning hi all.. i have been taking metformin 850 mg since 2 months for pcod .. and also krimson 35 which is a contraceptive pill.. doctor told me to come this month on my CD2.. i went and doctor told me to continue krimson 35 for another 3 months.. its a contraceptive and i am sure i cant get pregnant untill i stop that... am i on the correct medication ??? if i take contraceptive like this when will i get pregnant ???? kindly help... i am curious for your replies..