1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Is this PCOS?

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by shinara, Sep 17, 2012.

1. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

pcos.jpg While on this discussion about PCOS, here is a relevant article on this subject - What Everyone Must Know About PCOS
    Posted By: Site Admininstrator
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi friends,

I am 22 years old. I am over weighted. My height is 153cm and my weight is 67kg :-(. I am few extra pounds from my childhood. But last 2 years i got over weighted. I have severe hair growth around navel and breast. I have facial hair too. From the above symptoms i concluded i am suffering from PCOS. But my doubt is, My periods are regular. What shall i do now? I feel shy to consult a gynecologist. Can it be cured? how to remove those hairs and stop growing. How to reduce weight?
    And please refer any good Gynecologist in Coimbatore/ Tirunelveli.

thanks in adv...

2. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

Try to eat healthy food and exercise to reduce weight

3. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

HI

As long as you have regular periods, may be it is not PCOS..

But you need have a check up once with Gynec..

There is nothing to be ashamed off, afterall Gynec also is a women..
    Dont ignore, better to consult once...

4. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

This line is not true .......You may have PCOS even if you have regular period ...Do consult a doctor to confirm

My doctor told me that if your periods are regular then you dont have to worry much about PCOS...Facial hair is an indication that you have PCOS

Do exercise/food control to reduce your weight and try to get it in normal BMI range

5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

facial hairs or irregular periods may necessarily not be a case of PCOS could be just a harmone imbalance. If it is in initial level can be treated quickly. Anyway it is always good to shed those extra pounds.

These days you have lot of lady gynaecologists available everywhere. So no need to shy. Check here for gynaecologists........

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/gynaecology/156260-gynaecology-index-important-useful-threads.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/gynaecology/75432-good-ob-gyn-india-us.html

consult one ASAP.

6. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,

I have PCOS finally :-( I am supposed to reduce 10kgs in 2 months. Please guide me. And i have facial hair and hair growth in stomach and breast. When i asked my Dr she asked to have threading. Is there any creams to remove hair without darkening the skin not the usual veet,fem, annie french.. Please help me

7. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

There is nothing to be sad of ,its common now ....Just follow a proper diet and exercise daily

Regarding Facial hair .... you can buy a epilator ( google for more info) so that you can use it at home on your own .....

8. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shinara,

PCOS occurs due to disturbance in the hormones. This can cause fluctuation in sugar levels, growth of facial and body hair.

Your doctor should have prescribed medicines, until which you can manage hair growth with waxing, shaving and depilatory creams. There is laser hair removal and electrolysis which are a bit expensive..

If you need to tackle this problem quickly, chin up, and take heart, since it is simply a phase..

Good luck!