1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The Best way to Prepone or Postpone the Periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Nithyausha, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Nithyausha

Nithyausha New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

Normally for me the periods used to come a week before. I have my wedding on June 1st and it is the day am expecting the periods :-(.Is there any way to prepone or postpone? Also if take the Premoult-N tablets, will this have side effects? Kinldy help me..

Thanks,
    Nithya

2. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Congragulations on your wedding..!

coming to your query, there are quite a old wives' tips to prepone/postpone...

prepone...have heat inducing foods like pineapple, papaya, sugarcane juice, sesame/ til sweets....but too much of these can induce boils etc

postpone- my mom has tried this once for my exam...she kept a coin in a jar of salt...not sure how it helped, but my periods did get deferred

not tried tablets, so cant help there

3. Hemasanda

Hemasanda Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    congrats on ur wedding. Just consult a gyneac to post pone or prepone. But never go for premoult or any other tablets to post pone. For some people it doesn't suits and have side effects. My personal experience about that is just i used 2 tablets to post pone as there was homam at home. It resulted in a small blood clot in the walls of uterus for which i undergone treatment for 3months. My doctor strictly advised not to go for that. I mean not to scare you. Just i'm telling you the side effects for me. My cousin sisters used to take that whenever they needed but for them it's ok. So pls consult a nearby gyneac. Then opt for prepone so that you can stay cool during wedding. All the very best for your married life in advance.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  4. Nithyausha

Nithyausha New IL'ite

Thanks for ur Reply ssm014!

Thanks for ur Reply Hemasanda!

5. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

please don't take any tabs without the advice of gynec. List down the history of your body nature to your doc so that she can advice proper medication.
    About the home remedies ; prepone you can do by taking lot of heat items ( spicy items) but from how long before not sure and if your body is not able to sustain then it can lead a problem.

6. HuggleBuggle

HuggleBuggle Bronze IL'ite

Congrats on your wedding!
    Since it is the day you will get periods, if you postpone you have to take those pills or any other thing for longer time. That is you will have many rituals after marriage. So better to prepone.
    The same happened to me & I thought I will finish it by the time of my marriage but it's getting closer, tensed & luckily got & it's 6th day for my Big Day. The day before periods I looked for Horse gram soup (ulava charu) could n't find it. My mom went to a medical shop & when she asked for a pill to prepone they said "why to use use pills, they are not safe. Ask her to eat Mango pickle." I did like that & got periods next day itself. (Of course because of tension too).
    Also people say if you use pills when you are close to cycle it won't work.
    Try to prepone a little forward this month itself, so that it will be easy for you in the next month. One more thing is why I am confident in preponing at the time of my marriage, is that my body responds to what ever I do.
    Or else like every one said consult a GYN. That's the safe option.