1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Exercise cause bleeding after delivery

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by lakshmisumesh, Apr 12, 2011.

1. lakshmisumesh

lakshmisumesh Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I delivered 5 months back and I had bleeding for almost 2 months on and off. Then now after 4 and half months I started exercising and I started bleeding. It was not very heavy but not very mild as spotting. Is my periods back or is this bleeding because of my exercise? Did this happen to anyone?? Please let me know.

Thanks

2. gayabala06

gayabala06 Senior IL'ite

Dear,

if the bleeding is not as regular as during periods (which u had before pregnancy) it may be because of pressure in ur body..but if this is the 1st time u c after delivery, there r chances of periods as well. so better u wait and check for next 2-3 months and then confirm...if still in doubt, u can consult a good gynaec....hope i did not confuse u much...:rant

3. lakshmisumesh

Thanks Gayabala,

It is not as heavy as how it was before delivery. I did not exercise for the past 4 days after it started bleeding. Should I continue exercising? I'm confused... I don't wanna remain fat :(

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lakshmi, first my Congratulations. Was the delivery a normal or ceasarian? If you want to control your weight or maintaining shape, you can do mild exercises without straining yourself much. You can also control your weight by following a healthy diet plan which will be nutritious too. For some, when feeding is over, the periods will start. If you have doubts, better consult a gynac. Happy parenting.

5. gayabala06

gayabala06 Senior IL'ite

dear laxmi,

yes as said by mira, after u stop feeding, usually periods starts....so if u had a c-section, better to wait to regularise ur periods without any problem and also its good if u could not strain ur body much...u can always have a good shape of ur body once the problem is sorted out....gudluck:thumbsup

6. lakshmisumesh

Thank you mira and gayabala. I had a normal delivery. I've not stopped feeding her. I will limit my exercises and control my diet.Thank you very much for your suggestions!! :)

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Its also better to consult your doctor and find out the exact reason. Do not worry as worries will only worsen the problem. all the best.

8. lakshmisumesh

Sure, Mira. Will do that!! :)