Setting boundaries to work from home

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by jyoti, May 14, 2005.

1. jyoti

jyoti New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I saw interesting threads discussing about working from home by many ladies out here. While we explore opportunities to work from home and be a stay-at-home Mom/Wife to balance work and life, should we not consider about some cautions in working from home [​IMG]:

Hence, thought of starting this thread...something that came to my mind immediately was while we work at home, how are we going to set boundaries as to - so many hours of work daily and so many hours to spend with family, kids and home?

I hope to hear more cautions / tips for consideration while working from home.

2. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

Jyoti,

I think I know what you mean by setting boundaries.

When we work from home to get flexible hours to work, at the same time we should not get dragged too much into it. This will worsen by cutting short the time we have for ourselves and for our family.

I believe we should have a timetable listing the hours we should be reserving for work and the hours for our household activities, family, kids, etc. It may not always be possible to strictly adhere to the time table, but at the same time we need to ensure we do not slip those timings always.

1 person likes this.
  3. simi

simi Junior IL'ite

I think to work from home, we first need a separate room - a home office kind.

It helps to keep things related to work separately not messed with other stuff at home. Also, those having kids at home it is better to have a locked room to keep kids away, make it sound proof (if possible), have a transparent (see through) covering on one side atleast so that you can watch out the kids at play or sleep, while you work.

4. rshashij

rshashij New IL'ite

hi,
    i am rose and i think indusladies is a great site something exclusive for the women.

i was also browsing work-from-home forums. there is not a single lady who is sharing her real experience of work-from-home. there are many of us who are asking others and looking for work-from-home, but i haven't seen anyone sharing with us. please everyone needs little extra money so please share your real experiences with us.

5. kuttimayil

kuttimayil New IL'ite

:wave hai members of indusladies!

whatever was going in my mind for the last 2 months, the same thoughts i could read here in this forum.

having worked for so many years, before marriage and after marriage until the last straw, we r unable to sit and pass time unnecessarily. talking to neighbours also creates problems, spoiling our whole day mood. instead we can try out those work at home opportunities at WAH and so many other websites (when we search in google, we can get them). only thing we must remember is we should not be cheated by anyone for getting a job.

we should plan the working hours, according to our children's daily schedule. we should start working as soon as they go to school and finishing almost all the daily house chores, and stop by before half-an-hour before they come back from school. after that, we can look after them well, and do the rest of the jobs. if, otherwise, we continue doing the job when they r at home, it will become like we don't look after them, as if we r going to an office and working there. we shd be careful in deciding the timings.

this is what i think!