1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dry lips problem

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by sonu, May 13, 2005.

1. sonu

sonu New IL'ite

Hi,

My lips get dry so often. I thought it would be during Winter because of the cold, but I have the same problem even now [​IMG] during this late spring / early summer time.

I do apply vaseline and keep wetting often, still they get dry and becomes worse by cracking.

Any tips to overcome this problem?

2. jyoti

jyoti New IL'ite

Massage your lips...

Sonu,

Skin on the lips are very tender. That's why they get dry easily irrespective of the climate.

Massage your lips for a minute every night with homemade butter (called ghee in India). You will see the difference for sure.

3. reeba

reeba New IL'ite

hey Sonu,

Try this also

Apply Rosewater and Glycerine in equal propotions to your lips everyday.

This will definitely overcome your problem.

4. nirupama

nirupama New IL'ite

Rub your lips with lemon skin

Sonu,

Rub your lips with lemon skin a few minutes daily. This will be a good massage to prevent lips drying as well as avoid darkening of lips.

5. meghakapoor

meghakapoor New IL'ite

Hi sonu

Drink more water. That will also help in reducing dryness of lips.

Regards
    megha

6. jyoti

jyoti New IL'ite

Apply glycerine and lemon

Sonu,

Do you still have dry lips problem? You can try this too...

Apply glycerine and lemon juice daily and leave it for 10 mins and wash.

Glycerine is too hard on lips, so apply lemon juice first and then glycerine. This also prevents darkening of lips.

7. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

Mostly people don't know exact reason for Dry lips.Till then,nothing is going to work permanently.reason is lack of iron or simply anaemia.Get your Hb(hemoglobin)checked then consult a doc.Proper medicinal cure will help u get rid of it without using anything.Eat an apple daily in the morning(empty stomach),you will see difference.Our face reflects wht we eat,if ur diet is healthy ur skin will shine without using make-up.If u have a deficiency then u will face problems & dry lips is one of them.
    A household remedy for it is use mustard oil in ur navel at night,within two days you will see god result but don't forget to get ur Hb checked to get a permanent solution.

8. Siri86

Siri86 New IL'ite

Drink more water and apply a good lipbalm.Vaadi Herbals lipbalm is a very good economic option.It reduces pigmentation in lips and make it a beautiful pink also. Noadays it is my HG lipbalm.Try and tell me if it works.

If you want to see detailed review visit here My Likes and Thoughts: Vaadi Herbals Lipbalm Review and Swatch

9. rajiwrites

rajiwrites Senior IL'ite

In north india people apply the ghee which is applied on sukha roti i.e. after preparing fulka / (or balloon like dry roti ) they apply ghee on the roti. After a few seconds take the ghee on fingers and apply on lips/ on nabhi. NExt day morning dry lips gone. poye poche you can say.

1 person likes this.
  10. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

oops..why just northern part of India.. ghee is used throughout India.. esp on the lips too.. no regionalism for ghee :thumbsup

1 person likes this.