What do you think... - Poll for June 19th to June 25th, 2005

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Induslady, Jun 20, 2005.

What do you think is the ideal time gap between marriage and kids?

1. Less than 1 year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Between 1 and 2 years

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Between 2 and 3 years

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. After 3 years

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

We plan for so many key things in life right from childhood...starting from studies, career, marriage and so on. Yeah! we do plan about having kids.

We thought we would poll this week and take opinion of ladies about planning for kids. Cast your vote...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005

2. nirupama

nirupama New IL'ite

In my opinion 1 and 2 years after marriage is a reasonable gap to plan for the first kid. This would give a good time gap to then plan the second!!

Also, by 1 to 2 years the partners can know each other to an extent and handle the differences between them and would be more mature to handle a third one - the kid's preferences.

3. akalya

akalya Junior IL'ite

I would say 1-2 years. But it also depends on when you get married. A friend of mine got married when she was 24 and waited 4 years to have kids.

4. Ashna

Ashna Bronze IL'ite

Its very subjective to one's circumstances ...like if you live with your family or are alone with your partner. like i have been married for 2 years and am planning to go for a baby before completing 3 years of marriage.

5. vinu

vinu Junior IL'ite

Ideal to have a kid between 1 and 2 years after marriage. By this time, the partners would have had enough time for themselves and would be prepared to give their time for the kids.

I also agree with Ashna, if we live with our parents/in-laws, I don't think so we would be able to postpone for even a year :-(

6. apharnashri

apharnashri New IL'ite

Guys,
    My opinion is to have kids after 2 yrs of marriage. Strongly believe that it takes minimum of 2 yrs to develop good and true understanding between the couples (This is for arranged marriage). Not sure on LOVE MARRIAGE. First 2 years would be the best time to know and spend time with each other to develop a mutual and strong relationship which no one can break if the understanding is true to their knowledge ... For some people , it takes more than 2 yrs to understand. But we should also consider the age and decide as age plays a major role for achieving pregnancy. So the topic should first focus on the age for getting married which ideally should be between 23 and 25. May be I am deviating from the topic. Let me stop here.
    Cheers,
    Apharna