1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Math / Science tutoring program for kids

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Roshni, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

I want to put my daughter (3rd grade) in an accelerated course fo Math/Science during this Summer.

When I searched in the web, came across a few online tutoring program for kids US-wide. I feel one-on-one tutoring would be more suitable at this age and prefer such centre.

Any suggestions are appreciated from those who have experience joining their kids in such a tutoring program / centre.

2. uma

uma Senior IL'ite

Kumon program

Hi Roshni,

I have put my kids in Kumon program. They are being coached for Maths, Reading and to speed up Writing.

Classes are twice a week for about 2hrs - I chose one class on a weekday in the evening and the other on a weekend in the morning.

They also get worksheets that needs to be timed and completed at home before they get to the next class. I spend time coaching them to complete the worksheets and it has been very helpful.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  3. sheeba

sheeba Junior IL'ite

Try Sylvan Tutoring programs

Hi,

I recently enrolled my kid in Sylvan program. They offer in-centre and online tutoring program for various grades and subjects.

If interested, check for more details at www.educate.com