Online Surveys from Home?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by juhi_sri, May 31, 2005.

1. juhi_sri

juhi_sri Junior IL'ite

hi,
    first of all let me introduce myself. i am juhi from md, new to this group.
    as i was reading all posts, i think many of you girls work from home or tried.
    i want to know what type of work you are doing so i will also get some ideas.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007

2. uma

uma Senior IL'ite

Hi Juhi,

Welcome! By the way, where is MD?

Can you elaborate a little more on making money by taking surveys? How does it work, how long does it take and how much do we get paid for it?

I have bought and sold a few stuff on ebay and made some money. Trying to see if there are other ways.

3. juhi_sri

juhi_sri Junior IL'ite

hello uma,
    MD is maryland in USA. where do u live uma?
    juhi

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  4. uma

uma Senior IL'ite

Hi Juhi,

I live in Memphis, Tennesse. Thanks for the tip about online surveys. After hearing from you, I found a few sites that offer offer money for taking online surveys. The sites I found were

surveyscout.com
    paidsurveysonline.com
    survey-platinum.com

All are asking for a one time fee ($34.95) to get started with this. Will we just pay the one time fee and never see anything in return? Did you ever get paid by this? On the surface, these sites look genuine. Appreciate sharing your experience.

I am relatively free between 10 am and 1pm and want to see if taking these surveys will help make some money [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2008
  5. kavya

kavya Bronze IL'ite

Clarification!

Hello Juhi,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you are enjoying it. I am sure you already figured this out, but a small clarification just in case. Not all of our members work for home. Our forum consists of Ladies from all walks of life and from all parts of the world. You will surely meet many career women in due time. Once again, welcome!

Have fun!

Kavya

6. shakila

shakila Junior IL'ite

Some surveys don't charge?

Thanks Uma. I was also doing a search online and found a few free survey companies. The site is no way as professional as the ones that you have suggested, but atleast it is free.

Surveyclub

Paid Surveys

I signed up for both and planned to see whether I like doing these surveys.

- If I don't like doing surveys, I atleast don't loose any money.
    - If I like doing surveys, then I can upgrade to one of the paid companies that you are suggesting.

Shakila

7. bshilpap

bshilpap New IL'ite

Surveys: really they work?

Hi All,
    I am new to this forum and m from Bombay, and want to earn something and as my child is growing so i dunt want to go out. U all talking about the surveys so i wanna ask really they work? if yes, are they pay in india?

thanks,
    shilpi

8. sonal

sonal Junior IL'ite

Shilpi,

Many companies in the US spend a lot of money developing new products. Before they spend millions in introducing a new product, they would like to spend a few thousands trying to get customer opinion. If survey takers say that the new product is not a good idea, the company will alter/stop developing the new product and save money in the process. So, there is a reason why someone is willing to pay us for taking surveys.

As shakila said, a good approach might be to sign up for the free surveys and then graduate up to the paid surveys. I signed up for surveyclub initially and now use surveyscout for taking surveys.

I don't have a problem getting paid. However, I am in the US and they pay me using Paypal.

Sonal

9. kavya

kavya Bronze IL'ite

Hello Shilpi -

Welcome to IndusLadies. Couple of places for you to look:
    • There is a thread about "Receiving payments in India" . You might want to follow the discusssions in that thread.
    • The Google Ads on this page points you to several online survey sites. You might want to research a few of them to get a hang of it.
    Kavya

10. juhi_sri

juhi_sri Junior IL'ite

freelance

i came to know about this site, they provied free lance work. any one know about this site or use it.
    www.freelanceworkexchange.com