Opportunities around E-Bay

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by uma, Mar 31, 2005.

1. uma

uma Senior IL'ite

I am a housewife in Memphis and I have 2 kids. I don't work full-time as I want to take care of my kids well - I find that very satisfying.

However, between 8 am and 2pm, I have spare time and would like to see if there are any opportunities around eBay!

Does any one of you made it successful in making money on eBay? Appreciate thoughts and inputs.

Uma

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2005

2. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

eBay opportunities

Yes, eBay has lots of opportunities that you can use in your spare time.
    If you have a flair for online selling, you can easily utilize eBay.
    eBay's auction tool is very user friendly and you can just get hold of it in a few clicks.

There are many merchants in the market looking for people who can list their items for sale as auctions. You will get paid on auction basis.

It's also a good source to get rid of things at your home not of much use to you. You can get rid of them by making some money too :-D. I have done this a lot.

Good Luck in exploring eBay.

- Shakthi

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2005
  3. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

eBay opportunities

Hey,

I have also seen some merchants running eBay stores already, are in look out for someone to do their item listing. They pay on per listing basis as mentioned by someone, also some of them pay a % of winning bid.

It's more like providing online marketing and customer support, in terms of answering bidders questions.

Roshni.

4. sheetal

sheetal New IL'ite

I think there is money to be made in selling products through eBay. But the hardest part is to figure out what to sell.

I have been looking through ebay to see which product I can sell profitably. I was toying with the idea of selling North Indian Sarees or Salwars or Indian handicraft.

I am not able to make up my mind. Is anyone here active in ebay?

5. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

I've tried selling Indian handicrafts

Sheetal,

Sometime back I have tried selling in eBay few handicraft items that I got from India. The problem I faced was listing it in a category that is frequently searched by eBayers.

I found it was not easy as selling branded items like electronics, computer hardware or software, etc.

But I think selling clothes should be an idea worth trying.

6. akalya

akalya Junior IL'ite

Recently I sold a brand new Camera on eBay and made $180!

I am not a regular seller in eBay but I find good opportunities from time to time and exploit it..so far profitably.

A month ago, I bought a digital camera for my husband's birthday at buy.com. There was a sale going on at that time. If I get one digital camera, the second one is 50% off. I bought the second digital camera at half price and sold it in eBay close to full price. It wasn't that much work at all.

I find this a better way of approaching eBay! than trying to sell something all that time. But just my take!

7. manju_j

manju_j New IL'ite

Lots of International buyers...

Hi,

I have actually bought few things in eBay.
    This site is more poplular for buying among our friends in UK.

We get for best prices than buying it locally, especially with the exchange value between Euro and US Dollars.

Those who want to try selling, may be you should target international customers.

Good Luck :)

8. varshini

varshini New IL'ite

I recently sold an MP3 player on eBay. It was a gift that my husband received from his company. It was interesting to see that more than 50% of my bidders were from Europe.

Later I asked the winning bidder for the reason he is buying the MP3 player from me in America instead of buying it in Europe. He told me that the MP3 player that he bought from me was Euro 80 in Germany ie approximately Rs.4464.

He bought the MP3 player from me for $83 i.e. approximately Rs. 3735. He saved Rs.749 (or Euro 14). Not much, but for people buying and selling on eBay, this is a big amount.

So, I am seriously thinking about buying some products that are cheaper in US compared to Europe and sell them on ebay. But, I don't want to take any risk and hence I potentially will buy and sell smaller items.

Will see how it turns out.

9. jyoti

jyoti New IL'ite

Can I buy or sell in eBay located in India?

It's interesting to know that individuals can list their items to sell in eBay.

I have a sister living in Bangalore who is very much interested in these auctioning on the web. Will eBay work for those wanting to buy or sell from India?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2005
  10. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

Try eBay India!

Hey Jyoti,

If you want to buy and sell within India, it would be worthwhile to try eBay.in!
    (eBay India). It was earlier known as Baazee.com.

Though International selling is possible, shipping costs will be high. You may not be able to make much money from an auction including a higher shipping cost.