#6 - Help get a write-up about IL in a Magazine, Newspaper or Website!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Induslady, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Members,

One of the most successful ways we have increased our site's membership is by getting IL featured in a magazine (or newspaper or a website). If you are a contributor to a magazine or know some contacts in a news media, you can write to them requesting a write-up about IL in their magazine. Given the uniqueness and wide appeal of our site, lots of magazine find it news worthy and interesting to feature IL.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Chitvish. These were our initial press coverage and provided us the much needed "initial thrust" to keep us going. We still get new members from these.

Dear IL'ites, Press coverages are great ways to reach a lot of new members and I request all your help in this regard. If you contribute or know someone in a magazine/newspaper, please let us know. We would love to take your help. Needless to say, IL makes a great story for the magazine/newspaper as well. Many editors were thrilled that we contacted them about IL and were very impressed by the concept.

4. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Dear Members,

I am helping IL with getting some good press coverage by getting IL featured in newspapers or magazines. If you have any contacts in any media, request you to please give me their contact details, so that I can follow-up with them further to get an article about IL published.

As press coverage is the best possible way to increase our membership base, it would be a great help if any of you who has contacts in the media comes forward with this information.

Please get back to me for any further details.

Thanks,
    Geetha Satish

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Malathy,

I can also get the article published in a magazine. If its in Tamil, it wld be wonderful. Can you help me with it. I cannot write Tamil. Also please give me a write up in English too. I will try my best and its a promise...

6. geeta_sathish

Hi Mals,

Thanks for the assistance. The first message posted by Malathy in this thread has the IL press write up in english.

If you need any more information, please PM me and I will send it over to you.

Thanks,
    Geetha

7. geeta_sathish

Hi Mals,

I have the IL press write up in tamil. I have uploaded the same here for you. If you could please do the needful.

If you would like me to talk to your contact, please let me know and I will speak to them directly.

Also, please let us know which tamil magazine you are referring to.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Geetha

Attached Files:

8. vidyaubba

vidyaubba Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Greetings to all our friends.:goodidea: I am very much ready to approach media for our site. Shall i use those two write up both English and Tamil for that? Pls reply me reg this.

vidyaubba:cool2:

9. geeta_sathish

Re: Have an idea to grow IL? Share it here!

Hi Vidhya,

Thanks for showing interest in approaching the press media in your area.

Yes, you can definitely use these two articles when you speak to someone from the press. If you want me to co-ordinate with them, please send me their contacts, and I will be happy to answer any other questions that they might have.

Cheers,
    Geetha

10. geeta_sathish

Indusladies.com in India New England

Hi,

An article about Indusladies.com has featured in India New England in their Nov 2nd 2007 edition.

Please go to the following link for more details.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/il-in-the-press/15729-indusladies-com-india-new-england.html

This is a great way to get more members for our wonderful site.

All members are requested to help us in this regard by referring IL to any contacts that you may have in the press media.

Cheers,
    Geetha