#2 - Tell-A-Friend about IL

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Induslady, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Tell-A-Friend about IL

An easy way to let your friends know about IL is by using the Tell-A-Friend popup at the top right of our site banner.

You also have an option to keep track of how many friends you have referred to IL. You can do so by following either of the two ways given below:

1. If you go here, you will find your unique referring link. Copy and paste that unique link into the body of the message while using "Tell-A-Friend" pop-up above. When your friends visit and register in IL through the referring link you sent, you will automatically get referral credit.

2. You can also ask your friends to put your IL username (not your regular name) in the "referrer" box while they register in IL.

The number of referrals you have done will be automatically tracked and displayed here:
    1. In your member profile (Go to Quick Links -> My profile)
    2. In the top right corner of all your posts (below post counts, referrals)

Go ahead, open your address book and tell all your friends about IL!

Did you know we also have a Tell-a-Friend contest running every month? Care for an IL T-shirt??

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008

2. Induslady

Tell-A-Friend about IL

The number of referrals you have done (by using the methods explained in the above post) will be automatically tracked and displayed here:
    1. In your member profile (Go to Quick Links menu -> click on My profile)
    2. In the top right corner of all your posts (below post counts, referrals)

Note: Right now, we have a system that tracks only the referral counts that you got to IndusLadies.
    We don't have a system to display the names of the members whom you referred. We would get one in the future enhancements, if that's possible :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  3. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello ILites

I have sent an invite to 28 of my school, college friends, relatives etc., through the Tell-A-Friend link. I will keep on updating here as and when I send out invites.

How many have you sent?

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Malathy,

Today I sent invitation to my friends and relatives. (10 to 15) Let me see how many are going to join. I will try my level best to increase IL members.:yes:

5. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Malathy,

Today I reffered one of my colony person. Mrs.Leena, to IL.

6. Induslady

Thank you Laxmi and Krishnaamma for telling your friends about IL. So, Laxmi has 28 friends and Krishnaamma has 15 friends:)

Dear IL'ites,

How many friends do you have?

Tell all your school friends, college friends, colleagues, neighbours, relatives, siblings and every nice person under the sun about IL! Update here the number of people you sent the Tell-A-Friend message to. Let's see who hits the maximum number. Use the "Tell-A-Friend" feature at the top right of this page.

7. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Hello, I have sent invitation to my 25 friends to join IL. Let us wait and see.

8. Induslady

Sujathae,

Thank you so much for telling 25 of your friends about IL. I saw that in our back end report. I am sure that 25 is going to tell another 25 of their friends and soon the word of mouth will spread.

IL'ites, close your eyes and think about your school and college days:) Most of us have envied that girl whom everyone liked. She was attractive, helpful, informed, down-to-earth, sociable, popular and multi-talented! Above all, she was the "friendliest girl in town"! Who among us is that girl?

Laxmi with 28 friends is currently bearing the "friendliest girl in town" title:)

Sujathe, you can tell 4 more of your friends and take the title away from Laxmi!!

9. Induslady

Dear Friends,

Just wanted to let you know that the number of members joining our site because of "friends referral" has increased quite a bit.

We thank all those who referred your friends and would like to remind you that the number of references you made is tracked as 'referals' shown on right top corner of your posts and also in your profile page. We are also acknowledging you references to increase the membership of the community, through the Monthly Tell-a-Friend contest.

Kindly continue to refer more of your friends & family to join our community through the Tell-a-Friend page that can be accessed from the site's top banner.

10. preeyaWT

preeyaWT New IL'ite

I hav sent 13 invitation to my friends to join il:rotfl:thumbsup