how do you deal with fake people?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by saathi, May 11, 2010.

1. saathi

saathi New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

Today, I am going to ask you all to talk about fake people. Yes, these are the kind of people who has so many faces that you begin to lose track. People who say one thing one day and act as if they are your well-wisher and the next minute, they hurt you. People who try to put a face that isnt theirs -- either they are trying to copy someone or being pretentious.

Unfortunately, I've got a lot of them around....!
    At first, I used to think that if I want to live in a society, I've to deal with these people and also put a smiley face! But, thanks to my DH, I've learnt to stop that. I do what I feel is right and I say what I feel is right. This is the way I am dealing with people like these :)

Just to clarify, I am not talking about family members and the routine family gossips. I am talking about outsiders, non-relatives...

What do you do generally speaking?

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Outsiders and Non-relatives - if they are fake does not pinch me a dime.
    I deal with them in many nice ways..
    - by not analysing their words, actions too much
    - by just tuning them out yet being polite
    - by not cross examining them if they contradict from their own words
    - by resigning my 'supreme court judge' post so I need not worry if they live upto their words

I just tell myself, that's them. I be a friendly bystander and go about my ways. Easy! :thumbsup

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  3. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

With outsiders or our family, we get hurt only by those people whose opinion we value. I generally do not keep too many expectations from casual aquaintances. But with friends, I do have certain expectations and feel hurt if they behave in a fake way with me. If possible, if its a one off thing I try to ignore it, but if it repeats constantly I choose to stay away from such people. Sometimes people do have bad days and say things they dont mean.

4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

If it's outsiders,better ignore their fake opportunistic ways. I used to get hurt and keep away from them initially, but later realized that most of them are that way and we cant isolate ourselves from all of them.
    Dont get too close, just maintain. As long as family,relatives and friends are not fake, why worry about acquaintances who are just passing clouds in our life :)

5. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi
    yes i do agree with your opinion. many people try to be very sweet and come and help us volunteering but later go gossip about us with others. i have experienced it personally.:bonkand later tell us about others and they mostly enter our home for a cup of coffee only..lol

6. laharik06

laharik06 New IL'ite

Unfortunately I too have many of them around.... :( I get really disappointed ...

7. laharik06

laharik06 New IL'ite

Thanks mstrue will try to be from now onwards..