I hate sweets...something wrong with me ??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by saipavani123, Feb 24, 2010.

1. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]I don't know why I hate sweets. Chocolate is the only sweet i can consume.......that too limited quantities..even i don't like biscuits( unless they are salt biscuits).... I was not like this from childhood...but I remember when iw as around 11 years my cousin gave me milk with looots of sugar in it..that day i vomited milk..from that day i hate sugar and sweet and drank milk wihout any sugar.... and in tea and coffee i take very little amounts...I am dead fan of spicy food....if i say it to anyone i heard people saying "is it ?? never saw people who hate sweets".. Is something wrong with me in this regard ?? I tried eating sweets as too much of spicy food is also not good... but i satrt getting vomiting sensation after taking 2 bites....[/JUSTIFY]

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Not at all. At 11, I once ate so much laddu and jalebi that I threw up and horribly. I have a hard time bringing myself to eat both to this date. And I am not exactly young. Now, sometimes, I can eat laddu, but a very limited amount. The fear remains! And I am not a great fan of sweets now either. I don't put any sugar in milk or tea. Coffee, the only way I can down it is with sugar, so that's a different issue.

What normal people find normal is too sweet for me. What normal people find normal is too salty for me! I seem to have a higher tolerance for bitter tastes than many others, though!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2010
  3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pavani, I will say your are one lucky girl.:wink:
    I have to try really hard to limit the sweet consumption because I have a hard core sweet tooth:hide:

4. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Hi Saipavani,

So you hate sweets....and here I am - I just love love sweets and I love spicy food too. :rotfl

If only I hated sweets hehehe I would be not worrying about my weight...:hide:

Nothing wrong in you hating sweets..my DH doesn't like sweets too. Totally normal.:thumbsup

Jaya

5. Pritirach

Pritirach Silver IL'ite

Saipavani,

Same pinch!!!!!!!!!!!Hum muh meetha karne walon me se nahin hai.Even i dont eat choclates and biscuits.

Priti

6. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Hai Saipavani

I wish I was like you as I have a hard time resisting sweets. I guess you should take this as a blessing . There are so many people like that. I have seen my best friend like that and also my hubby.

7. saipavani123

[JUSTIFY]haha thanks alot for all your replies :)

Confused211 :- so we are on same boat :)

amihere,Mallie,gjaya :- yeah my SIL also loves sweets... :tongue we both tease each other

Pritirach :- sahi hai yaar !!! mujhe bhi sweet ache ni lagthe

cool...i find so many people like me now....My DH and in laws all are fond of sweets...even my SIl and brother are fond of sweets....i thought i was only different :tongue..... cool i find many like me :D[/JUSTIFY]

8. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Just to clarify - I don't have anything against sweets per se. I have a craving for chocolate cake right now, for instance, and forgot to remind my husband to get it. I just can't eat too much of it. The exception is soan papdi. I always over-eat it almost to the point of feeling sick. But I can't resist it. That's why I don't casually pick it up with my groceries. I only buy it if my craving coincides with grocery shopping. It's a comfort food, I think, going back to the days when a guy would sell it from his hand-pulled cart. I remember my mum getting it made at home once when I was 3 or 4. The heavenly smell! The compacted and packaged Haldiram version that I can get here is but a weak imitation of the freshly prepared fluffy soan papdi. Perhaps that is why I eat so much of it. To try and re-capture that now elusive ecstasy that comes from a morsel of fresh soan papdi... The happiness that forever dances just out of reach, perhaps in the next spoonful, perhaps... until I get sick of sweet for the day.

9. saipavani123

10. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

haha...
    instead of worrying if something is wrong with you...i think u should start celebrating the fact :) ... sweets are not good for you anyways!
    I am sure most of us wished we were like you !