What do you do during power cuts?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sigmabeta, Mar 17, 2009.

1. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

These days there are lots of power cuts. Sometimes its a fixed power cut announced in the newspaper, sometimes its an adhoc one. What do you generally do when the power goes?
    Me if I am at my parent's place, we all pull chair to the balcony and discuss some topic. If my sister is home, then its anthakshari.
    Sometimes its so much fun, these sessions, that we actually get angry when the power comes back!!
    Do post what you all do.. it might give ideas to others how to spend time during power cuts.

2. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

during power cuts....take a walkman..these days rather mobile phones or ipods and listen to our favourite music.....

3. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

hey syama..
    When we had current cuts back we used to gather on a public place on the street.. All the family members of the street.. Form groups and Play different games.. It would be sometimes Anthakshari like at your sisters place ... or some times it would be Word building.. or memory games... And like that many games...

I really feel the current cut is a blessing to have family times together and have fun! and stay away from Technology!! :rotfl

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  4. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Ya thats true Cutepavi. In fact when we were kids, dad used to teach us slokas or even ask us to repeat tables of numbers till 20. So much so, that we learnt a lot, and when the current is back its a true "thamasoma jyothirgamaya" Big Laugh

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

HI,
    when there is powercut, first thing to shout. but afterwards, i will begin to sing all the devotional songs in tamil,(i donot mind about others listening). to save others current willcome soon!
    with love
    pad.

6. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Iam all alone at home mostly during these power cuts.
    I have installed an inverter at home so i get to use one fan minimum.
    Anyways i start reading a book or listen to songs in my mobile phone.

7. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

syama, nice discussion. and as ur family does, even we used to enjoy the power cut (before inverter came home). a time for the whole family to get together for discussions, anthakshari,word games etc.:cheers
    some free time away from the daily chores, watching tv, computer,studies or watever. infact i do love powercut (but not more than half an hour a day) and i miss them now!!!bonk
    Reshmi

8. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Looks like music is a popular choice.. either listening or singing :thumbsup

9. vidhyaramkumar

vidhyaramkumar Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    when there was a power cut, first thing is to check whether it had gone for the entire street. Then we will first start couting numbers till 100(thats what my father ask us to do that too one after another). We know for sure it will not come soon. After all our counting are over, we will play word building, memory games (not now but when i was small).

vidhya

10. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

First comes shouting then we check to see if everyone else on the street is out too. Then we play together make jokes,games I love power outs they are fun and you get to spend good time together. When power comes back we are all dissapointed and go back to our technology lives.