Super irritated while shopping

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by CoolPie, Apr 26, 2015.

1. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    I dont know how many of you feel the same as i feel. I feel super irriatated when the employee girls or boys working in those big shopping places like West side, Pantaloons, Reliance trends, etc come and stand near us when we are shopping the dresses there.

These employees just keep on asking what we want and also show us some dresses that are not our taste as if taking care of us, but actually it makes me feel irritAted. The dresses are hung in order and mostly we dont require their unneccessary interference as they keep pestering to see different colours, designs etc, which we are anyway going to have a look at.

only if we ask for a particular size or other shades or for any other assistance they can peep in. And if we dont purchase anything while we exit their shop, they keep asking why we didnt purchase, either the size doesnt fit or anything. OMG!!!!
    i really feel irritated with these guys and girls. Uffff....

Of course, i dont show them my anger.
    Anyone like me or its just me getting irritating with small things of life or overdoing?

sindmani likes this.

2. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@CoolPie:

They are only doing their job and following instructions. They are always watched by a floor manager or supervisor. If they don't do so, they will face some consequence w.r.t to their jobs. Hence they approach the customers.

Long ago, I used to be irritated when I used to shop. But when approached by someone I would say politely that I prefer to check the items myself. And that if I need some help, I would ask later. After this response, most of them have walked away. I never encountered questions like why I did not purchase, but if I face one, I will give them whatever my reason was to not purchase and walk out.

IMO, its not worth getting angry or irritated over such things.

2 people like this.
  3. prabhafriend

prabhafriend New IL'ite

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I agree with what Sparkle says...
    If we tell them politely we will help ourself and help needed will call you they will walk away from you. There is nothing to get irritated in this. They are paid for this and they are doing they job.

5. akshayasr

akshayasr Senior IL'ite

Yup.. it irritate in times... and most of the cases i tell them politely to leave.. so that i can take care of myself. :)

6. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Same here as i prefer to look out many dresses/ other stuff on my own. I just politely refuse their assistance with a smile and approach them if i need assistance with color/ sizes..:)