Online Shopping Tricks!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Trupti12, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Trupti12

Trupti12 Silver IL'ite

I am not even going to ask you if the online shopping bug has gotten to you yet; because I’m pretty darned sure it has. Sitting in the comforts of your home, ordering whatever catches your fancy, waiting for it arrive at your home, and then the delight in opening up that box and holding the contents! It can be intensely gratifying. We have all felt that.

Now, there are a few tricks you can have up your sleeve to get the maximum out of online shopping. Nothing can rival that feeling when you know you got the best stuff at the lowest prices in a sale!

1) APPS BETTER THAN WEBSITES:
    When shopping online, it is best to download the app of your online retailer and then shop on the app. A lot of online retail stores offer additional discounts on their apps. Also, if you don’t have the time to check out the site’s emails, the app notifications won’t let you miss any sales.

2) SAVE YOUR CARDS:
    If there is a big rush sale coming up, it’s a good idea to save your Debit/Credit card in the app beforehand. That way, while placing the final order, it is easy to pay for the products and you don’t risk your products going out of stock while you are in the processing of typing in your card details.

3) COUPONS:
    You can always browse the web for coupon codes for your shopping site and avail even more discounts. Coupondunia and Grabon offer variety of valid codes and you can choose from them. This, in fact, is a good idea for whatever you are buying online, from booking a cab to recharging your phone with apps. You will be surprised to see some really good offers!

4) MULTIPLE COUPON CODES:
    Let’s say your online retailer is offering you a discount coupon of Rs.300 for shopping above Rs.1500. You are buying stuff worth Rs.3500. If you apply this coupon, you get only Rs.300 off. To get a discount of Rs.600, you can split your shopping into two orders wisely.

5) COMPARE PRICES:
    Check out your product on the website Mysmartprice to look for its best price across all sites. It is the best way to compare prices for your product at a single glance.

6) KEEP A WATCH:
    If it is not a sale season and you need to buy a product, watch out for its price on the shopping site for a few days. Chances are that the prices will dip after a few days and you can swoop in for the kill. The Buyhatke app will help immensely. You can also install it as an add-on for your web browser. It gives you a graphical representation of the price variation for the past 3 months.

7) CUSTOMER SUPPORT:
    If you wish to buy an expensive product but you do not have a coupon, call their customer care and they might be able to get you a better deal. Sometimes they extend the expired coupon or deal. This might not happen all the time on all sites, but hey, you can try your luck.

8) SOCIAL MEDIA:
    Follow your online retailer on Facebook or Twitter and they may give away exclusive discounts to you as a reward for your loyalty towards them.

9) LEAVE STUFF IN YOUR CART:
    Yes, this works sometimes. Login to your account, add your products to your cart and sit back and relax. Products left in the cart and not bought niggle online retailers and they want to push their products to you and close the deal. So there are chances you will get a discount coupon in the coming days for your products to persuade you to buy your stuff in your cart.

10) CLEARANCE SALES:
    If you need some retail therapy and you have got a hankering to buy something, anything, to pacify you, check out the clearance sales. You just might find something that will delight you, all for a really really low price.

Be a smart buyer and get the maximum for your money’s worth while shopping online. Always remember to check if your products are genuine and if the seller is credit-worthy. I hope these tricks helped you. If you know any more tricks, please let me know in the comments section. Cheers, ladies!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
    anupama1, Anusuya, Shivalaya and 2 others like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Trupti12

Thank you for your participation in IL. But I had to remove the linkas no externals are allowed as it is against the forum etiquette[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Hope to see your participation in the forums.

[/FONT]I just read little bit you have provided some good tips for online shoppers. I am sure there are many members here who might be interested to know these wonderful tips before shopping online.

Will come back after reading it again.

1 person likes this.
  3. Trupti12

Trupti12 Silver IL'ite

Thank you, @arunarc!
    I intend participate very actively on this forum!

4. mimmyme

mimmyme Gold IL'ite

Thanks Trupti for sharing good info in one poster.

I fully agree with point no.9...my carts are always full gigglingsmiley

1 person likes this.
  5. pradeepag

pradeepag New IL'ite

6. pradeepag

pradeepag New IL'ite

i ordered 4 saris at a time, but i received them in 3 shipments. how to consolidate the shipments? please help me.