Tips to overcome addiction of Facebook

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Pratts, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Pratts

Pratts Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

The very fact I opened an account in FB is to keep connectivity with frnds... it was very peaceful when i was working.. work used to be so much that i hardly see FB for 5 mts or at max 30mts during week ends.. once i am married and resigned job my only work is to check updates in FB.. it was nice at beginning to chat and see photos of frnds.. but as it continued, i really feel annoying at times to see so many photos and status.. few photos and status are really to be appreciated.. this is can be anything like mrg, kids, art works etc..

The most irritating part is among those who use FB only to show off.. I ended up unfollowing few of my frnds cos of their everyday new Profile pic and status.. I dnt even understand, why such a nice network is used like this.. quite common is uploading photos moment they go to a foreign country, location change, buying a new car, camera so on and so on.. I dnt understand wat is to show in a foreign country which they feel not in India..Am believer of saying "Empty vessel makes much noise"..

Still am kinda addicted to it...So would like hear from u all ways to remove addiction.. in order not to keep myself idle, i started studying.. but easy availability of internet and mobile pushes me to check...

so plz help me...

1 person likes this.

2. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

I went cold turkey about 5-6 years back. I didn't sign-in, not even to accept friend requests.

Those who want to find me, can, outside of FB. I can do the same.

I haven't missed anything, had lots of peace. I do get emails often that someone commented something or uploaded something. I don't even open those emails.

2 people like this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

2 people like this.
  4. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

Go to settings -> Account -> Click Delete Account ( not just deactivate ) .. hurryyy now your account is gone for ever ;)

2 people like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Honestly,I feel the same like you.Instead of feeling "wow" seeing pics of others,you feel irritated.Not because you are jealous but you feel "what is there to show off as though they are the only one doing it?" and people liking it boosts their ego.

I have this cousin who posts pics of his vacation every one hour..vacation is for someone to enjoy and relax and not to show that they are cool.what annoys is people thinking just coz someone does not post their pics in fb = they do nothing.

there are much bigger "big shots" in this world who do not feel the need to show off in fb.it has become an addiction.makes you feel like a hero or heroine lol.

1 person likes this.