Two wheeler trouble

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by panda2014, Oct 21, 2014.

1. panda2014

panda2014 Silver IL'ite

Dear IL

Have been driving 2 wheeler (without gear ) for almost 2years now...not on regular basis but only inside the residential areas for petty shopping....no confidence yet to take the drive through main junctions and all....but the most important thing is that am not confident to take doubles...i loose balance and become shaky...why?? That too mine is a very old model TVS panther...any other vehicle which is ideal for ladies???

But at the same time i have seen kids who might be just 12 or 13 yr old driving scooty with their moms at the back...The kid would be petite person and the mommy a plump one...whats the balance theorem????

My lack of practice??? Please help...others too in the same boat??

2. panda2014

panda2014 Silver IL'ite

So on one has faced such a situation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

It just takes practice with some very brave confident person - you lose your balance because - with the extra weight you have to increase your accelerator power to go at the same speed !!

Try first with a (your) kid on a good road(no potholes/not much traffic). Make them sit on both sides, not one side ! Wear comfortable clothes so that you can balance without watching for saree folds or dupatta flying!!

The increase in accelerator would be minimum to go at the same speed

Then ask your husband to be the guinea pig !! You'll see that you have to turn the accelerator a bit more for going at the same speed!

Balance is about going at a comfortable speed - lesser speed makes you lose balance and when you have more weight you have to increase accelerator to go at the same speed !!!

I hope I've not been too repetitive and you understood what I'm trying to say :)

1 person likes this.
  4. panda2014

panda2014 Silver IL'ite

Thank you Hrastro . Well explained .:thumbsup Accelerator was the culprit . I was not increasing it accordingly and was blaming myself for lack of practice....

1 person likes this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Practice with husband ...if he is not the nagging kind.
    I have been driving two wheeler for ages but I lose confidence when my younger one(now 16 yrs)sits behind me. She was very naughty when she was younger and made me tense...I still get tensed with her sitting behind me.

1 person likes this.