What is wrong with my life ???

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Sep 2, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I like being on my own sometimes.Even with friends,it is more of a one to one relationship or nothing.Coz,I prefer likeminded friends.I have always been that way.
    Now,being in the usa I tried making friends but somehow people either moved back to India or we could not gel. I had tried very hard to make friendships but things did not work out:)So I left it

I read books,watch movies,gym etc in my free time.Also,never been a potluck or a party person.If invited,I do go and come back.Rarely do I keep a get together.To be honest,if this was my situation in India,I honestly would not care.For some strange reason I felt secure there by being me. Here in usa,I feel "being on my own" is a pathway to insecurity...especially when I see everyone having a big gang and being together.

Am I doing somehting wrong?Somehow I am not able to get likeminded friends.even if I do they move back,or if I try they do not even respond.it is too hard.I am very scared that I am some sort of an outcast.Is anyone else like me or is my situation very weird?

2. kanthtx

kanthtx Gold IL'ite

u cant call ur self a lonely person and complain about others having a good time...

friend ship should be give and take,... u need to start hosting people and be part of events and discussion to have good friends in life... people host parties and potlucks so that they can get introduced and have a chance to pick like minded people as friends... start socializing before u completely become feeling lonely...