Naming rules for the baby

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by aabcii, Jul 23, 2014.

1. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

Hello All,

Is it mandatory to put initials along with the last name and first name for naming a baby nowadays.? Or just last name and first name is enough ?
    For eg : Ram Kumar A -> is it required to have name like this with initial A or just Ram Kumar is enough as first name and last name..

I have heard like its always better to have a name with initials in entering forms for jobs later or applying for VISAs

Kindly advice

2. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

First name, middle name and last name.
    First name is the given name middle name is fathers name and last name is surname.
    You just name the baby rest is already there.

3. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

Oke thanks a lot for the comments .. so seems better to have some initials for the names ... my name dont have initials so always ppl used to ask whats the initial so I used feel something when they asking for initials

4. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Initials are typically used in place of last name / surname in India. In the US, the initial is always the middle name.

My sister named her kids very differently. They have 2 names each - and no surname :) So my niece has her first name followed by her grandmother's name - Lakshmi

5. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

I have always heard First, middle, and last. Lately I have been seeing people with random initials and no middle name just a letter... at least if a middle name is there there will be a reason for an initial