Confused and scared : Why would any stranger want my family photos and videos ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by darmesh, Jun 24, 2014.

1. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Sir

You have any personal, professional or forum enemies !?

2. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Nope , buddy !

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Darmesh if all else is ruled out, its a very good possibility that someone someone unknown has a crush on ya! See...I made you smile? Not yet?

3 people like this.
  4. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

You did make me smile Rakhi ! Crush from some one ! Wow !yumsmiley

But, my facebook pages contain least number of my photos. They are studded with photos of my wife, my cousin sisters (all pretty women) and my son.

The message I got was not a simple one, like confusion in geo-location because of accessing from different devices. It was something like, some one tried to copy the photos.

That is what disturbed me. Why would some one need the photos of my family ?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

the one possibility that i could think of is an account of a person, who is also known to you has been hacked or compromised. it has happened to many.

regarding copying photos, i hear that there is a group of people who use it for posting on their pages and getting likes, and some are used to by them for morphing and misuse.

I think i have shared this here. there are people who just click pictures of girls standing in the railway station, bus stops to be used on their fb pages. they don't even know who those girls are but they post for the heck of it. (and this is one possiblity since you say all the photos are of beautiful women of your family..)

We personally have known a contact of a contact posting these types of photos, and when the contact was questioned, he told us that he just liked the picture, though he knew that the other person who posted it does not know..

Just would like to use this thread to caution..

always change your password. make it a strong one. these days with improvement in technology, people can trace out your passwords easily too.

If you are storing your important papers for safety in your email (Like sgbv did) or in a virtual drive, please give them a password. secure the files. remember even the simple bank statements that your bank sends you are password protected for a reason.

Many pages get hacked. one day we were surprised to see a page of a known contact having all **** pictures posted from her page.

If you are sharing your photos see that you check the privacy twice, and remember that your friend/contact can download and post it/share it again. so share only what you think is fine.Adding a watermark is also a good step

Just google for facebook pictures misuse..

Are Your Children's Photos Safe On Facebook? | The Cyber Safety Lady
    Facebook photos morphed to target air-hostesses - Indian Express

being cautious and alert is the need of the day. though internet is a great tool and social networking is good, remember, we always leave digital footprints and a clever person can add 1 and 1 and have our bio-data ready.
    How to Keep Safe on Facebook (with Cheat Sheet) - wikiHow

this post is not to worry you but just to caution you..

(I dont have a fb account, but my husband has one..)

3 people like this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Another possibility. My colleague (she is above 50) FB was hacked, and her wall was full of **** pics/videos. God, this woman access FB only once in a year or so. But such **** stuff flashes in everyone's wall as she is connected to us as a friend there.

No one misunderstood her because of her age and accessibility. But if it is your case, I am not sure how good it is on your social reputation. Change the PW right now, and stay alerted for some days.

1 person likes this.
  7. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

That 'morphing and misuse' of photos has worried me, really !

8. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Well, I see semi-nude photos of young female models in the facebook pages of some of my old male relatives also. I already guessed my old male relative would not have posted them.

Why would any male post a **** picture in his facebook. Even if it is assumed that he is enjoying **** stuff, he would do it secretly. There is no valid reason why any man would post them in their facebook pages.

Hence, reputation of me is not in question.

I just was concerned about the possibility of my cousin sisters' and wife's photos , possibly, put to misuse by some one !

9. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

hello darmesh ....:wave

take it lite and Chillout!

that log in history you mentioned is may not be from that mentioned Place.
    as you are not aware, just wanted to share you that one can make their log history from anywhere in the world sitting at home . thats called proxy .. proxy is not that much easy as it sounds or one read about it. the person should be v smart to practice that.

PS: you don't need to panic by thinking about criminal issues.
    consider you are totally safe. :2thumbsup:

10. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Thanks buddy !