Need Information about marriage registration

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by msms, Apr 17, 2014.

1. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Its been 4 years to our marriage but we still have not registered as three was no need. But I have one problem, I do not have aadhar card also and all my id proof (PAN card, passport, licence etc.) were made before marriage. I don't have a single address proof that will have my current location i.e. after marriage. Another problem is we got married at different place and now we are staying at different place. Can we get the certificate from my current place? Or do we need to go to the place of marriage?

Thanks

2. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear,

You can register your wedding at any place.

Consult your local Registration office. You will need documents to show both your age proof. Wedding photo . Wedding invitation - ID proof for both of you. Address proof for the place where you are staying.

Regards
    Uma

3. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Thanks Uma for a quick response:thankyou2:.

Actually I read somewhere that you need to register only to the place where you get married, thats why was little confused. Anyways as you suggested I will now go to the local registration office.

2 people like this.
  4. shobanakamal

shobanakamal New IL'ite

Hi,
    Im frm malaysia and my fiancee is frm chennai.We will be getting married in Vadapalani temple.I just wanted knw about the procedures as im frm malaysia.Can anyone pls help me on this? What kinda documents i need to prepare/send to chennai, do i need to do the registration first bfr the marriage? or cn i do it after marriage?

Tq,
    Shobana

5. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

If you are getting married in temple they them self will register. You can do register marriage first or later according to your wish.

1 person likes this.