Judging Someone

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Dreamer, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

I do judge people based on their appearance and first impressions. No matter how much I try to not do it, it just happens. My judgments are sometimes wrong and sometimes right. Should I feel guilty? Isn't it very human for us to judge people by their first impressions?

2. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

I feel it is not about whether you should feel guilty or not.The fact is our appearance and our personality does cast impression on other people and their's on us but it should stop at that.You should not try to prove your conclusions right or wrong or treat other people based on their first impressions on you.
    It is not always like first impression is the last impression;many times first impressions are the wrong impressions.It really takes a lot of time to get actual impressions.

3 people like this.
  3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Brother Dreamer,

:welcome to IL family,

Judging a person is never wrong, But may not be right the very first time, The first impression will always be well registered in the mind, but don't leave it at that, take a couple of attempts, in the long run, 2/3 attempts will be enough to judge a person by your own skill.

Especially in the present fast phased scenario, it is better you judge a person first, till then stand apart, watch and if you have got him right, then move on or you don't have to feel sorry for wasting your time on someone unnecessary.

this is JMO, Best wishes..

SAIRAM

sindmani and Dreamer like this.
  4. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

We all judge others whether we like it or not. We should not be hung up on our judgement and leave room for changing it. Keep an open mind.

What was true yesterday, might not be true today and what is true today, might not be be true tomorrow.

3 people like this.
  5. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your replies. I guess I should try and not 'believe' my first judgments about people. I just need to tell myself repeatedly that it's not right. Thinking about your replies here will certainly help. Looking to meet someone new now!

6. larapowell

larapowell Bronze IL'ite

I agree.
    You can't help judging but you should be rational enough to let the person showcase himsel again.

1 person likes this.
  7. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

what if you are right? ;-)

3 people like this.
  8. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

Like I said, I sometimes am right! Okay, i'm trying to leave a bad habit here by the way!

9. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

judging can't be that bad..

2 people like this.
  10. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

I never judge a person by first impression.... It may leave some kind of impression about them.... but it may change in some 4 or 5 meet ups.....! And few may be introverts too......! And few will never show up their negative sides too....!

2 people like this.