Don't we have courtesy to reply PM/thread if initiated by us

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Priya4oct, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hello friends,

This topic comes in my mind when I was looking for some help in IL. It was not a new topic though raised by few more Ilites and OP got lot of wonderful suggestion too. But when I tried to reach OP through PM or same thread to know what she did finally as i am also in same boat and looking for some help , i never got any reply. But I can see OP has logged in IL regularly and active in other owned thread for asking suggestion. Don't we have courtsey to help anyone on something for which we ask in IL.

Latest example for me was for daughter's school in a city where I already lived 1.5 year back. I saw a thread asking for school and suggested based on my knowledge but now we are also planning to move that city and I tried to reach OP through PM, thread started by her but I never heard back. It really make me think that I wasted my time to answer in her thread/PM. This happened with me 3-4 more times and all those OPs are sr level members who are active more than me.

RedRuby, GaythriV, rachaputi and 4 others like this.

2. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Priya4oct,

This is so sad but i definitely can say this has happened to me several times, but when my pms are not answered first i got the same feelings what you had...but later i realised that many times due to oversight many people did not look into the post or pm which we made. Also may be due to forgetness, they would have thought of replying back after some time, but forgot due to some other reasons...may be only few out of lazziness does not come back to their own threads and update their experience finally.

Yes it is always good to update their experiences after they faced such a situation or got some info about their queries. Even this was discussed by saisakthi sister long back..but only few are really sharing the result/output which they got...
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/suggestions-and-feedback/160018-suggestions-correct-me-if-am.html

Anyways, yours will be definitely a eye opening thread for these kind of mistakes which some people do here in IL.

3. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

I agree with you for PM but nt for thread..as we always e-mail if some one response in thread...the example which I give you , I was sure that Ilite was online as just few seconds back I saw her thread for another suggestion. So I assume, when I updated thread it also come under latest thread which was just below her thread...

Now I have decided atleast not to answer her and waste the time.

4. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

I get e-mails if somebody has sent me a PM, but never know if somebody has responded to any of the posts I have made.

1 person likes this.
  5. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

I recieve e-mail with subject from Indusladies user ID "Reply to thread 'Don't we have courtesy to reply PM/thread if initiated by us'"

1 person likes this.
  6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I mean you just keep taking suggestions and help but wont care others...I dont wanna judge but isnt this selfish?..

1 person likes this.
  7. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

But i am not getting these kind of notification mails from IL for all the times. Only few i got. Do not know jow it works actually.

8. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

i hope its not me..waitingsmiley

1 person likes this.
  9. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

I always get this notification. I guess now only admin can comment on the way their notification works

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Priya,

the notification is based on the users own settings - whether they have subscribed to the thread or not to receive notifications. One can change that going to the general settings. But PM is a different story and I will not comment on that here.

Hope this helps before Admin or some one steps in to answer.

3 people like this.