The mistakes I made during my teenage days and the lessons I learnt

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by iyerviji, Feb 7, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mistake increase your experience ; And experience decreases your mistakes.

In my teenage days I made some mistakes but learnt from them also . First thing is I did not take much interest in cooking as my mother and grandmother used to cook early in the morning and before 7 a.m. their cooking used to be over. Till I was in School I was busy studying so my mom and grandmom used to feel I used to do good in studies so that I can be educated and independent and which will help me in the future. Later I started working that time I could have learnt from my grandmother whowas an expert in cooking but I did not have much interest in cooking that time. But I knew the importance of learning cooking when Igot married because I was married to family where everyone including the gents were expert in cooking and I felt bad that I did not know much about cooking though I could make some basic food items. Then I learnt cooking from my hubby but still could not match with other people.But later when my elder brother in law came and stayed with us I won his heart by cooking different dishes and got appreciation for my cooking. That was enough for me. I think I could achieve this because of God and elder's blessings. Though I did not learn cooking from my grandmother she blessed me to get a good husband and surprising that I got a gem of a person as my better half from her place only.

I was happy that I knew Rangoli and Singing though I did not know cooking and I was told to put Rangoli and sing during occasions in my in law's house.

Then I felt I should have done graduation so that I would have been better . When I joined Indusladies and read the wonderful posts of great writers here that time only I felt my mistake of not doing graduation. But otherwise also could not have done graduation because we were not financially well off , my brothers did graduation by attending night college and they paid the fees by teaching during their free time. My second brother wanted to become Engineer but could not. But he was very intelligent and though he was only a graduate he got a good job and in that job only he reached great heights and finally became theDirector also and went abroad too. Myself though not a graduate got a good job and with the blessings of God and elders and recommendation from my bosses fromTypist
    became a Steno and then a Senior Assistant and looked after the Bank Reconciliation of the whole Company. I learnt that only education is not enough, we should have experience and the blessings of elders too

Another thing I missed is learning Music. When we were in school a Music Teacher came to teach Music though that time I was not much interested in Music. When we came to Keerthanams the Music teacher went to get married and did not come back. We also did nto learn from anyone else. But I knew some songs which can be sung during Navratri or other occasions when expert singers are not there.

You are NOT what the world thinks of you
    You are NOT what you think about yourself
    Know what you are NOT
    You will be left with ‘what you are’
    You are much deeper than your thought
    You are much larger than you can think.
    When you think of yourself, you are as small as some-body.
    BUT when you will know self you will be as large as no-body.
    Nobody is the THAT, the ONE you are.

17 people like this.

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

Mam,
    great post.
    you are a very good positive person & graduate or not ,you seem to be lifelong learner............many graduates ,post graduates won't have the guts to try internet but you with your love to learn not only tried but have become a much loved member of Indus Ladies......
    personally,I don't believe in learning something at fixed time in life.........it is will to learn.....you may not have learnt cooking as young girl but learnt it when there was need & you really wanted to learn......we,as individuals should have the will to learn & then age, time are no restriction....

3 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pragati dear you have made my day with your first fb at the time when I was disappointed that so many views but no fb. Thanks dear. I am in cloud 9 hearing your praises about me but dont know whether I am really worthy of it. It is true that everyday I learn something especially from the youngsters. Since two days I was feeling very low and today with your compliments I have got the encouragement to learn more and do more.Thanks my dear for your compliments, hugs to you

4. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Viji ma,

As pragathi rightly said , learning or graduation doesn't matter . As our own life as taught us many good and bad lessons . You are one person I always use to admire . You have too many great talents in you without proper coaching .

Never ever underestimate yourself as you are always the best . You always rock with your posts and keep going Viji ma .

Love to you and appa.

2 people like this.
  5. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Great post Vijima. Learning should never stop. It does not matter at what age you learn something. ITs our zeal to learn and the efforts we put to learn which are more important. It does not matter we succeed or fail but its enough we have put our best efforts. Success will automatically come. You have learnt a lot, are learning and will continue to learn. You continue to inspire us by continuing to learn.

We pray to god to give us your enthusiasm and zeal to learn new things everyday as long as we live.

2 people like this.
  6. Sonali222

Sonali222 Gold IL'ite

i dont know rangoli till now but i had interest now as all ladies in myapartment are doing great rangoli

3 people like this.
  7. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji Mam,

Great Post.
    You have an open mind. You know what you don't know and ready to learn at anytime of your life and took all efforts to learn it. That makes you an achiever. You have lots of followers and admirers in IL Viji Mam.

Keep rocking friendssmiley

1 person likes this.
  8. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji aunty,
    You are a great inspiration for many of us here..The Knowledge and experience you have is no way connected to academics..You are a person with Zeal and ardour..Tell me aunty which is not your Forte?? You are good at arts and crafts, cooking, writing, learning new things, inspiring others to a great extent..Chill out aunty and be happy..:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  9. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Loved your simplicity and frankness Vijima. Happy to know about you and your family.

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Luckwaves dear I am blessed to know that you admire me and thanks for the compliments. Thanks for the love to us and returned with thanks:)

1 person likes this.