Have you ever thought " Wish I could do back in time" ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by my2angels, Feb 6, 2014.

1. my2angels

my2angels Silver IL'ite

Have you ever thought " Wish I could go back in time" ?

A few recent change of events in few people's life made me start this thread. I have also thought about this and every time I think about this, I do wish I could go back in time and change few things or wish I could have done or handled few things differently in my married life as well as in my non married, professional life.

When I think about what has happened in my own life, in a way if I change few scenarios by acting differently, I would be affecting or altering those people's life as well in a good way ( Hopefully).

We hear people say " Always look at the positive side", or " Always be optimist", or
    " It is not that bad, just think it could have been worse", but then we think, " yeah right, you don't know the half of it" :)

Does anyone feel the same way?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Why go in the past and make a change???
    You can very well change your today and tomorrow by not doing what you did in the past.....
    Instead of sitting and grumbling I should have done this and that in the past.....
    Do what you wish to do there today and be happy for the future.......

3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Its not about rethinking your decision of the past as suggested by Arunarc...

Its about regretting about some action which you have done in past. Such things sometimes do haunt us badly. IF we could have deleted some moments from our life...
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... hope so

but i know its not possible we have to move on with those thoughts. They are like shadows or flash lights which can even disturb our days and nights equally.

I think after marriage girls should get a tablet which will help them to forget everything before marriage. This will help us to start a new life with one family. With this we can avoid so many problems in life. Escpecially with managing our family and husbands family. This responsibility is solely on us as if we are the driving cart. Others will only sit in the cart,relax. If we want we have to push and pull ourselves.

4. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

If I had ONE & only ONE chance to go back in time & change things.. I would give a condom to my dad on THAT day and say "dude, use this".

2 people like this.
  5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    well,yes we can go back & though we can't change the action we can change our negative thought process associated with it...........
    for years I regretted my choice to study Non Medical instead of Medical as all my friends were in Medical but I had to cope up alone,in class,in lad,in tution classes............then one day I just sat & praised myself for being bold enough to choose what was good for me & not follow he herd..........

since then I have learnt to accept whatever good & bad happened due to my any decision & realize that I am better person due to what I learned from all those incidents......

6. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

really in bad taste.............and you are supposed to change your own decision & not your parents........

7. my2angels

my2angels Silver IL'ite

Some members understood the reason behind this thread. 2 didn't. Nevertheless.

ArunaC - I did not know I was cribbing or grumbling as you suggested - by starting this thread. Thanks for letting me know. This was supposed to be a simple thought. Our present is because of our past. That was the essence of the thread. What if we had done few things differently, then we would not be at this present situation as we are now.

Ofcourse we have not seen the future, so we should do something or do some actions to have "that future", but what if we had changed a few things or done a few things differently in the past then maybe it could have saved us the trouble and the future would have been the present.

This does not mean I don't agree with you. I agree with you ArunaC. This is the philosophical way to look at it.

This is not about cribbing or venting out the frustation. We have a forum particularly for issues like that.

Thank you all for your responses.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    2 people like this.
  8. my2angels

my2angels Silver IL'ite

Agreed. It would have saved IL from having one stand up comedian who cracks bad taste jokes :)

9. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

I think everyone at some point of their life must have thought this. Thats why there are so many books and movies on time traveling. and i definitely agree that after gaining experience and maturity if we get a chance to go back we can take better decisions which will alter our lives and the lives of those around us in a better way. :)

10. honeycomb

honeycomb New IL'ite

Every decisions have consequences, all the decision I have made over the course of my life together has brought me here to this point, which has both good and bad things, by going back in time and changing bad decisions, what if I lose out on the good things I have now?

1 person likes this.