Embarrassing Yourself!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by fencesitter, Apr 29, 2013.

1. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

I am sure on regular basis many of us goof up or say something that puts us in embarrassing situations! I regularly go though such moments in my life!! I dont ride two wheeler regularly now. Like many guys i have a very emotional attachment with my first bike. Recently, while riding my old two wheeler i had to stop at a major traffic signal. So i turned off the engine and was just waiting. When Green signal was about to appear, i kept trying to kick start the vehicle without turning on the engine! After many attempts, still i was totally clueless what was the problem. The lady who was waiting beside me, looked at me and asked have i turned on the engine?! Then i realized my folly!! When i thanked her, she smiled and said it happens, more so in my age group! Felt stupid for being absent minded and lack of common sense! IL is an anonymous forum for many members. So lighten up and share your embarrassing moments!!

8 people like this.

2. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Teachet...teahcer ..cheater...(sorry ...rhyming got mixed up :crazy). Teacher........
    shall i :hide: go zoom zoom?

3 people like this.
  3. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Oh pleeeeeeeeease do! I wait with bated breath:)Maybe, just maybe, I will share one (all cleaned up, of course).

2 people like this.
  4. fencesitter

No embarrassing moments in life? or too proud to share even in anonymous forums?!

2 people like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

4 people like this.
  6. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

FS, Srama,
    I was just going to post that link...there're some good laughs there, FS!

1 person likes this.
  7. fencesitter

Thank you SRama

I missed reading that snippet! so there was no intention to copy the idea.I think my post looks like a repeat. Guess, its today's quota of embarrassing myself!

5 people like this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you teacher!

This post from FS made me break a personal rule and post my own link!

Never think like that FS! There are many threads that are a repeat in different forums and I am sure there will be others who can share here.
    And if, no not if, it is when I land myself in another of those moments, I will be happy to share here :)

9. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Sharing the most unforgettable embarassing moments in life..

1. Ours is an arranged marriage. Met DH for the 1st time in a temple with his family and my family.. The temple has a big garden around it.. We wer all standing under a mango tree and wer having the initial talks and was about to settle in some place for further discussion.. 1st time wen I had eye contact with my DH, I felt something cold over my head suddenly with a mild noise.. Then only I realised that a crow had s*** on my head.. :bonk :bang God I felt very much embarassed and it was a great shame for me.. :hide: Thank God ther was a tap nearby and my sis helped me in cleaning.. :-(

2. Second incident happend wen my DH visited my house for the 1st time with his family.. I was already wearing jasmine on my head.. but still my MIL kept a long garland of jasmine over it again.. Then I was asked to serve cofee to everyone.. By that time the garland rolled down(since it was not pinned tightly) and it was hanging down till my feet.. :bonk (whereas I have a very short length hair) Wen I served cofee and turned back to room, my DH started giggling and he asked someone to inform me regarding it.. :hide:

It is more than a year since I got married.. My DH still keeps teasing me quoting these 2 incidents :rotfl

6 people like this.
  10. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Hmm..too late! Srama,I came here to post a link to your post so that Fencesitter doesn't feel left out! I was thinking of what to post there and here..but for once my selective memory has actually worked in my favor,and I can't remember any of my goof-ups! Well,I will come back when I do remember or have a fresh,new embarrassment to present!

1 person likes this.