Five things women need to change about themselves-Chetan Bhagat

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Dinny, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

More than his writing its the incidents in his books that i relate to.Like in the movie 3 idiots i found that principal exactly like my Head of the department.Remember that dialogue on birds which the Principal tells his new comer students?? Well our HOD used to think in the same frequency.
    And similar incidents..
    so yes every one to his/her own :)

1 person likes this.
  2. SaleemaRex

SaleemaRex Gold IL'ite

As a general rule I don't like to get advice from men about what women should or shouldn't do but leaving that aside I do agree with few of his points...

1. Constant desire to judge other women

I don't think it's universally true but I agree that it's not nice to judge others be it male or female

2. Feeding male ego

I think women used to do that when men were the sole bread winners but don't think this is the case now

3. Property rights

Yes we should fight for property that are rightfully ours but if it comes with a price tag, we need to be able to pay it. I have seen property fights breaking relationship ties.

Again I don't agree that women don't fight because I personally know few who have done that.

4. Women needs to be more ambitious

I agree that we need to be more ambitious. Top posts are still occupied mostly by men.

But if an individual woman is not ambitious by nature then changing that is not going to bring her any happiness.

5. Trapped into relationships

I agree with this as well but again not all women are like that. I personally believe in making myself happy first (within reason of course)... happy me makes happy mother, wife, etc.

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading it :)

3 people like this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hi there Saleema

I enjoyed reading your POV too.
    But you know the number of women who dont come under this category (i mean the category Chetan Bhagat was reffering to) are very few.Majority of Indian women still dont have the spunk to fight the male dominated Indian society...thats my POV and its for that reason i shared this article here.

4. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Dinny I read this on Women's Day and I ranted about it in my personal blog. I was extremely mad when I read this. I did not rant about it on IL for a specific reasons I was worried about getting bashed up by not only CB's fans but also by those that disapprove of feminist ideologies.

At the cost of self promotion above is the link to my response to CB. I am willing to carry out a rational discussion, however, off late discussions are turning into uncalled personal attacks and hence these days I think it is easier to have a personal blog for more serious discussions.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Arch!!
    I loved your blog....
    you were journalist werent you??? Then why did you leave it...you know we need strong women like you to teach men( i meant the men who dont respect women..take them for granted etc etc) some good lessons.

I am a chetan Bhagat fan but that is for a different reason all together.And as i have already posted on this thread there are a few points in CB's article that i completely agree to.
    Like...
    Women judging women....we know why we do it....(e.g theres a big competition between women in the marriage market...and it is is a universal fact)
    Women...the emotional fools...arent we?? I cant talk about others but i am one for sure
    Hehehehe so true i have been bashed up soo many times on my own threads(can you believe that??)
    I dont know why some people take things of the virtual world soo seriously???
    Hmmm arch you have my support...Go ahead i want you to bring something close to what i read on your blog here...(then you see it wont be called self promotion any more)

1 person likes this.
  6. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Oh,Arch! I absolutely love your post...I heart you and your Hearty Writing!! Yes,you are right..I felt similarly indignant when I read CB's pompous article! I have enough and more people telling me what to do/not to do. I have read this CB article before,and was:bang..Patron Saint of Indian Women..Indeed!

Arch,here's my gift to you for your great article!

Please do write here,there are a few like-minded ,rather open-minded folks here as well!

Attached Files:

• cb.jpg
      cb.jpg
      File size:
      161 KB
      Views:
    2 people like this.
  7. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

tooo good Racr...just too good
    from where did you get that??
    Apt for this article

8. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Thanks,Dinny!Got it from Facebook..Not a big fan of it,but sometimes you get good stuff there as well ;)! Very apt,right? In fact I wanted to post it here before,but like Arch,was a bit weary of the brickbats ..someone who might not like the idea of bashing a guy,not just any guy ..the great CB himself who provides such pearls of wisdom to us poor women! Where would we be without him? But when I read Arch's post ,I couldn't resist it!!

Don't get me wrong,I have read CB's books,good timepass,storyline etc...but thats about it!

1 person likes this.
  9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Yeah time pass thats what even i think of him...and its because of his quality of books that my husband has banned his books in my house :)
    I love john grisham..Frederick Forsyth types

10. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the kind words girls....

I have to be honest I have not read any of Chetan Bhagat's books....I tried but I guess I am not a huge fan of his style :) Why I don't know....

Racr you get some of the best images I have ever seen!!! Thank you for sharing all of these.

2 people like this.