Property transfer and sale - need advice

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Bindu09, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Bindu09

Bindu09 New IL'ite

My husband bought a flat in Hyderabad 10 years back, but he didn't register on his name, but it was registered on my father-in-law's name. My father-in-law passed away few years back, but there is no "Will" written. We are planning to sell the flat, but it's not in my husband's name.

What's the right approach to transfer property to my husband's name, his mother and siblings are completely fine with property transfer to my husband's name, so no family issues with that, but want to know how to approach, what options we have.

2. helpvirtually

helpvirtually Bronze IL'ite

I can suggest you to meet lawyer and apply for succession certificate in court. That will enlist all successors of your FIL. [Its a lengthy process of around one year as court passes certificate quite delayed]. Once you get that certificate, you can sell any of the properties FIL with power of attorneys made from other successors empowering you to dispose of same and get money. But contacting a good lawyer is must. If you were in Pune area, you could contact me, my husband is lawyer
    Regards

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    1 person likes this.