Valuing life, anybody?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rheaa, May 7, 2012.

1. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

No, this is not a snippet based on Aamir's new show (although I applaud his show as well as Ilites who wrote about it). So, what is bothering me? - Loving & valuing one's life.

Almost everyday I read in the news that someone, somewhere is dead - not natural death or accident but due to suicide or murder. The reasons driving them to these extremes do not seem to weigh equally with life itself!

Someone committed suicide because his wife left him; another murdered his father out of rage; somebody else killed a 5 year old kid; another common one is the case of spurned lovers hurting their so-called lover (is this the meaning of love?); honor-killings; and these days even kids resorting to violence because they don't get what they want.

Is that a solution & how? They are bringing upon them & their loved ones more issues with their impulsive behavior.

Is life not a gift? Have we lost the 'love' for our own life and 'love' for another human being? Don't we see the big picture anymore?

2 people like this.

2. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Thanks for liking the post - Satchi & Yumna. I was going to delete the post as there were 45 views & no replies. Then, I saw your likes & decided to keep it :)

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rhea, I did not post a reply only because I did not what to say. It would have been very cliche. But I really liked the question you have asked. On the whole I feel the value of life has diminished and it is very sad.

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

A good reality thought has invoked in you, but society in materialistic world laugh at you, when you try to kindle the TOPIC - Why have you born in this Universe, going deeply it is totally a different topic,

Sad to hear that recently one neighbour knocked the door to tell his next door family to watch TV in a lower volume when it was past 10pm, because his one year old was not sleeping and also disturbed by sickness and alarming sound of the TV next door, all abusive interactions happenend and finally the affected neighbour was stabbed to death by a kitchen knife in heated arguements and that was end of his life, just because he made a request to lower the volume.

Both families are stranded because of the ridiculous act, Killing, suicide ... have become very easy as you have rightly pointed out that Life's value is lost.

Incidentally it is becuase of the Basic Education System that prevails and of course the Nuclear family and the avaraciousness for money, assets... It starts at school, the huge donation when paid Parents thrust lot of things in the competitive scenario, Busy earning money No parents have time to teach values, respect, culture at home, more bothered about just Scoring marks and Topping in every field, neither does the school teach Moral Values as they also run commercial Establishments. So where are we heading....

Thanks for spending your valuable time, to start this thread, Many other threads will interest, but sometimes such topics go unnoticed... :thankyou2:

5. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Blame it on the perils of the capitalist mode of the current world, which always keeps money as the standard weight on the valuation scale.

2 people like this.
  6. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Thanks satchi for your response to this thread.

7. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

I was too shocked when such news appeared day after day & I couldn't help posting here at IL! Thanks dear for your reply :)

8. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Yup, agree with you. Everything else other than money is becoming worthless. Thanks for your response!