New LPG Connection without Ration card still applicable?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by bharathip, Feb 13, 2012.

1. bharathip

bharathip New IL'ite

Dear all,

Good evening. We are in trichy and we dont have a ration card.We need to get a new LPG connection. I reached Indane and Bharat gas here and they mentioned that Ration card is mandatory. I gave a call to the central customer care indane and they clarified that on TN, karnataka govts insistence that ration card is mandatory for lpg connection. It is even mentioned in their websites. I remember , TN govt ordered the oil companies not to insist on ration cards to provide a new LPG connection in 2008. I just searched the govt website to download the GO but could not identify other than the press release made on this. Please let me know whether the rule getting a connection without ration card is applicable presently?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

if ration card is mandatory and you do not have a ration card and your name is not included in your parent's card and your spouse also is in the same boat, you can apply for a new ration card which is only as a proof purpose. there is a special method for this. the ration office will guide you.

The form is available here,but i would suggest checking with the office in your area.
    http://www.tn.gov.in/appforms/Resiproof_e_appln.PDF

and if both of you are in your parent's form, get it deleted and go and ask for a tatkal family card as a residence proof.

i think other id's were accepted till last year. not sure the new rule change.

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Even an Election ID of either of you can fetch you a NEW LPG connection,

4. bharathip

bharathip New IL'ite

Thank you Shanvy and Saishakthi. I will check with the gas agencies and will post you the updates.

Thank you so much for replying.

5. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Actually any proof of address is enough , even a telephone bill (MTNL/BSNL) or electricity bill in your name is ok. Generally people have a ration card thats why it is more popular .
    Any government document with your name and address on it is ok , it can be your Passport, ration card, voter ID etc.