The benefits of being a senior citizen

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by CHABOLU, Sep 17, 2011.

1. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

I have bcome a senior citizen last year and I am thoroughly enjoying it. There is no need to get up early, do the cooking, go to office etc. I am enjoying life in a relaxed manner.
    I am interested in creative arts and I learned Tanjore Painting and flower making after I retired. I gift my Tanjore paintings and the flowers made by me to my near and dear ones. Now I plan to learn Rajasthani or Kerala murals.Ofcourse physically you are not strong. But it is ok. God has given so much that you should not muse on thatand thank him for everything.

I do miss my children. They are not near me.But I visit them often and they also come over whenever it is possible. One has to let go their children and allow them to make their own destiny.

But financial independence in old age is a must. You should not depend on your children financially.Getting gifts from children is ok. One should plan investments accordingly from the beginning so that you can enjoy your retired life peacefully.

In my opinion you must travel to new places once a year. Even in trains you get rebate in fares. God has created such a beautiful world and we must enjoy it.

So many positive aspects in life are there on being a senior citize and I do
    not think about the negative aspects at all

7 people like this.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Chabolu, the fellow senior citizen. Your words are true. Money and health are very important when we get old. Nice to hear that you are busy with your activities. Do your children live near by? Everyone has to follow their dreams and destiny.

I still take classes in near by college and work part time. I am not good in hand work. Learning to meditate. If you come to California, please do contact me. Let us have fun.

Good day.

CL

3. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

Hi coffelover,
    Nice to go through your comment. It is good that you teach. No profession can match teaching.you are imparting knowledge to so many people.
    Auvvyar the saintly lady said' karradhu kaiman alavu, kalladadu ulgalavu'. Age is no bar and we must try to
    learn new things in life.
    My children are in Bangalore. This month end I am going to Bangalore for my daughter's delivery . Her D Day is on 27th October. I hope everything goes on smoothly. This is her first child.
    Thanks for your invitation to visit States
    My chiiti's daughter is in San Jose. My sambhandi is in Boston. All are calling me. Let us see when I am able to go States. If you come to Delhi do make it a point point to call me. we can have a nice time together.
    By the way are your children also in States?

1 person likes this.
  4. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

I don't teach, but help professors in office work and help the stdents in projects. Sometimes, porfessors force me to help the students in a small group.

I have taken so many classes here. It is cheaper to go college ( Junior), books are so expensive. They teach us to think differently. Everyone's opinion is different, but you are encouraged to to discuss about it.

I wish we can write emails, but this site does not permit us to exchange.

Love to ask about Delhi. My parents lived here and my husband's both the grand parents were there. My father in law also worked there.

I love History. Have you heard of Indu Sndersan. She Lives in Seattle Washington and has written books about Mugal Empires. WOW. Her knowledge is so good. If you have time, please check.

Delivery will be ok. Don't worry. You should meet our IL member Satchi. She is wonderful.
    Your sambandhi is in Boston and your daughter is in Bangalore? Have a great time with them. My sons are in California. We came here long, long time back.

Good day. Hope to hear form you.

CL

5. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

Dear coffeelover, Nice to know that your parents and in-laws were in Delhi. Was your FIL in Government service? My father came to Delhi in the 1940's and was a Government servant. Though I was born in the South I lived in Delhi since my birth and was educated there and worked there. Where did your in laws live? We were in Gole Market, and Kidwai Nagar , Government colonies.

Our wavelenth matches. I also love History and I did honours in History. I will check the books written by Ms. indu.
    I am in face book by my name and are you a member?
    thanks for your best wishes for my daughter

Sundari Seturam

6. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

Dear friends your views are so apt happy you learn t so many thing's after retirement ...you do have a positive outlook friend ..my children are not yet married but my husband retired 6 years ago and we are having so much time to talk to each other which i never had before...though our health is not so good Still we try to do much work as possible ...yes you need to be financially stable

7. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

Dear Malliga
    nice to go through your post. Yes. you are correct. As your husband was a police officer, he must have been very busy with his odd hours job. Now you can lead a relaxed life. I also came to know from your profile that you know palmistry and numerology. did u acquire the knowledge from books or did u have some guru?
    My date of birth is 29th. Any prediction for me?

I pray to God that you get nice Daughters in law very soon

1 person likes this.
  8. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

Chabolu happy to get your reply positively yes I did learn from books and courses ..but I don't practice it friend just give general advice....29 is a difficult number as you will be very emotional and very competitive in life ...with your hard work only you can come up....but as I know most of you will be very intelligent ...though some family life will be sometimes disturbing.....

9. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

thank you Malliga for your response. Your prediction is true.......

10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chabolu...
    You have beautifully said it allabout how gracefully welcome retired life it has set my mind to plan for such retirement.....