Important things to Do at home.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mathangikkumar, Jul 6, 2011.

1. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

This post is mainly how efficient a homemaker can be.
    I am writing what I do at home regarding certain things which need to be made accessible to immediate family members.

Nowadays, one does not one Bank Account , so there will be many passbooks, statements, credit / debit cards etc.

What is to be done is take a diary and first note down the PAN numbers, then next page Passport numbers with expiry dates ,
    next page for the Bank Credit / Debit cards number, expiry dates and the C V V [three numbers] numbers. Also the I PIN for each and every card.

Please do not forget to do two things once you start using the cards, one is to sign at the back of the card, two is to first write down the C V V number behind the card and scratch it, so that anyone has an access to it when stolen they may not buy anything on line.

When the card expires do not just throw it instead cut it into pieces and throw on different days in the garbage for the fear of someone joining and reusing it. [some fool with old cards ]

One page for all the Savings bank Account of all the banks with the telephone numbers.

Same page you can have the Bank Account numbers of friends and relatives, as it's quite common to transfer money online.
    Another page for the membership numbers of various clubs, reliance consumer card , Big Bazaar, Shoppers' Stop, Land mark and coffee day numbers etc can be stored.
    Keep it safe in place where only a few of the family members know about it.

Whether you are there are not your husband, grown up sons and daughters can have an access to it in your absence, also it would help in blocking the payment once it is misplaced or stole. [ when you are out of turn all you need to do is to inform your family to block it as you might not know the card details. ]

Same way if you are making the payment thro' cheques, mark the cheque details like the date, amount etc on the statement itself and file them in a separate file for future reference.

Once it so happened, after my daughter's marriage there was notice from IT ax Dept to furnish the details of all our transactions done thro' Credit and Debit cards, this statement came to our rescue , otherwise how would anyone remember the details that happened some 3 yrs back?

These I Tax people would only harass common people like us and leave the big fish, that is different. As far as possible we can keep the things straight.

8 people like this.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Very valuable information. One more thing to add is telephone numbers. When my cousin passed away, my sister in law was in a shock. The children were not living in India. She forgot their phone numbers. one of their friend called their children to contact my my nephew and nieces. Telephone numbers are so important now a days.

Good day.
    CL

3. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

For telephone numbers, I have taken a table calender, [remove all the sheets and use the four sides ]and made one page for commercials like Gas, Milk coupon, all banks, electrician, plumbers and other essential services numbers like BSNL , Broadband etc.

Next is friends numbers, then on the other side family where as per the importance the land line and mobile numbers are written.No guessing is needed this is placed next to the telephone apart from storing them in one's mobile phone.

Added to this is on a 'POST IT', my husband's, son's daughter's DIL, SIL and my mobile numbers are written and pasted on the dining door shelf , this will help in case of emergency for the friends or neighbours who come to our rescue.

My neighbours have all our phone numbers and a set of house key permanently with them.

PS

as you write the gas agency number write your consumer number also , nowadays its computerised tele services for booking a refill.

1 person likes this.
  4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Very Valuable tips...

5. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Also we could write the investment/savings details in one page..i.e. If LIC policy, you can write policy in whose name, policy number, periodicity of payment, amount, maturity date etc. etc. this may help our family in case any uncertainty happens. Like wise, RD numbers, PPF numbers, other savings etc. Hope this might be useful.

2 people like this.
  6. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Mathangi Mam
    Very useful info. thanks for sharing.

7. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Very nice post mam thanks for sharing

8. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

9. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

very very usefull tips amma.. as i am newly married and newly starting up mu life.. it is helping me a lot.. thanks for sharring

1 person likes this.
  10. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Third important thing is 'Don't lose the diary'.... :)

Very nice tips mam. Yes in today's technology world, one has to remember lots of numbers, passwords, ids etc etc... documenting everything is very good idea.

DH used to use a single password for all accounts - and that's dangerous - like single key to all the lockers.

Thanks for sharing these useful info with us mam...

ilt