Inside every old person there is a young person

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by iyerviji, May 18, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Whether sixty or sixteen, there is in every human being's heart the lure of wonder, the unfailing child like appetite of what's next., and the joy of the game of living. In the centre of your heart and my heart there is a wireless station, so long it receives message of beauty, hope ,cheer , courage and power from men and from the infinite, so long you are young- Samuel Ullman

Today in the morning while going out I was waiting for an auto. These days to get an auto is very difficult. Some autos if you call them also they go just like that without telling anything. When I was looking out for an auto another Senior Citizen also was waiting for an auto. Then I called one auto he came turning around. I thought let that uncle go first how long can he wait. Told the auto fellow and asked the uncle to take the auto and asked where he is going, since he was also going the same way I told him I am also going that side. Then he dropped me on the way. Asked him where he stays and told him my husband might know him as he knows most of the people. I was glad to know that he knows my husband and he also knew where I was working. So till I reached my place we were talking to each other. Thanked him and got down. Felt nice that I could help him , in turn I was also helped by him.

When I went to the bank I was feeling sorry for an old man as he had no place to sit , since all the chairs were occupied. Now a days Senior Citizens do their jobs themselves. This Gentleman had his grandson with him. But he was very young.

Its nice to see Senior Citizens being active and independent. May God give them good health always.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

You are right Vijima. One is only as old as one feels. Some days one feels so depressed and decrepit. At other times one feels surprised that there is not much difference in how one felt and thought in the 20s or 30s and in how one does now. So it's all or at least to a great extent in the mind.

3. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

After reading this It reminded my grandma(86)who always used to say 'Nan epavume manasula illamaya than irrukken' till Before 4 or 5 years she used to do all her work on herself, she used to travel to all his sons house in different places without anyone's help. Nice write up vijima.

4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

I enjoyed reading this snap shot of life and your observations. I agree with you about a person's inner being. Nice post!

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear thanks for the first fb and I agree with your views. Its all in our mind and according to the circumstances .

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Manju dear glad to know that though your grandma is 86 she still feels young at heart, thats a good thing because of which we feel like doing anything. Glad you liked the write up.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Suitablegirl

Welcome to my thread and glad you liked the writ eup. [

8. bhanumathy

bhanumathy Silver IL'ite

What you have said is true. I enjoyed reading it.

9. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Reading this ma I was reminded of our old and ex family Physician who always used to say that he was 60 years young (I am talking about 30 years and odd back) and he will always tease my sister that he will marry her and tie the chain he was wearing as thaali.....in case my sister refused to take the injection !!

It is the way we feel and you are so good at it ma........mix so well with the older and younger generation in the same light !!

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sudha dear nice to hear about your Physician. Thanks for your compliments.