1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

MYELOFIBROSIS - Save a Life!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Priya_Mommy, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    One of my freinds relative is suffering from MYELOFIBROSIS disese which happens one in a lakh people. He has 2 months old baby and 3 year old boy.

The below is his plea -
    I am Vinod ,I am suffering from 'MYELOFIBROSIS' since September 2009. Doctors tried all possible treatments and nothing worked out well. So, now the only option is BMT (Bone Marrow Transplantation). In order to do BMT, we have to have matching bone marrow. Since we don't have BMT facility in Nevada, I am consulting the doctors in Huntsman Cancer Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah. They tested my brother and unfortunately his marrow didn't match. Huntsman doctors trying very hard to find a matching marrow for me through NMDP (National Marrow Donor Program) database. I am organizing a bone marrow drive for myself in Reno (03/13/2010, Saturday) and Carson City (03/14/2010, Sunday). My friends also conducting the marrow drives for me all over the USA through NMDP(National Marrow Donor Program) and SAMAR (South Asian Marrow Association of Recruiters). My friends created a flier for me, I just changed the contact details and drive locations in the flier. Please open the attachment to see the drive locations in Reno and Carson City. The flier also provide you basic information. If there is any weather alert for 13th and 14th, I will reschedule it and inform you. Please don't call my wife and don't ask her any questions, she will be emotional, this is my humble request to all of you.

Please find the attached. Request all to forward this to your freinds who would be interested in taking up this test, so that you can save a human.

Attached Files:

2. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

So sad to hear, I am praying for Vinod, thats all I can do at this time.

Sujatha