1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Things to take care while travelling alone with 5 months old DD

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by charmingpooh, Feb 12, 2010.

1. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

Hi All

I am expecting my travel from chennai to USA soon. I will be travelling alone with my 5months old DD. This is my first trip. So i have some questions pls throw me lights:

1. How to handle the baby if she cries?
    2. Do' s and Don'ts
    3. can we keep ear bud in the DD ear's or just close it with cap..
    4. Gud airways 2 travel with 5 months old infant? will they give hot water?
    I am askin stupid things but seriously i am frustrated wat 2 do hw 2 do :bonk

Pls help me ladies

Thanx
    Poornima

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Check out this website

Travel with Children - FlyerTalk Forums

I'd recommend singapore airlines or cathay pacific or jet airways or air india - they are more child friendly than us or europe based airlines. they will give you hot water when you ask for it. I'd recommend taking an empty flask and have them fill it as soon as you get on the plane so that incase they are busy you have it at hand.

also check out the blog below for many many useful tips

Flying With Children

3. gemini19

gemini19 New IL'ite

Hi Poornima,

Me too travelling with my DS 6 months old this thursday my mom is accompanying me.When are u travelling ? So that i can share with u my experience if u are going to travel later, my date. I have booked in Lufthansa...

4. charmingpooh

oh ur mom is there... great. I will be travelling first week of march.. u please post. I will be waiting..

cheers
    poornima

5. Rajeshwari

Rajeshwari New IL'ite

You ll get hot water in the flight.When i travelled i took a flask full of water from home and got it refilled in between before changing flights.
    And when i travelled my daugher was crying during take off mainly because she could nt sleep properly due to noise/announcements n the airport.So i would suggest that you make ur baby sleep before boarding the flight.And one more thing, you can not have your baby's bag with you during take off.So just take out the things that you might need(like formula, water etc..) during that time and have it with you.
    have a nice trip :thumbsup

6. gemini19

gemini19 New IL'ite

Poornima,

Reached US with my prince. I got baby bassinet from India to Germany so my fly was comfortable.I travelled in Lufthansa.I took around 20 nappies,wet tissues,Cerlac and Lactogen in airtight box ( for the whole travel).Pib,Cup and spoon for cerlac and 4 feeding bottles,thik baby blanket,his favourite toy,thick socks,gulla,diaper rash cream,small cotton towel,I filled one bottle with lactogen while boarding.5 pairs of dress(sleepwear).U can get hotwater in flight.I did not get bassinet from Germany to US hard time with my baby but me n my mom managed( reaserve bassinet b4 u travel).Keep all the baby stuffs either in handbang or in hand luggage. Before landing either take a flask n fill water or mix milk in 1 bottle and water in other so that u can give the baby in the waiting airport. I BF him when i was not able to calm him down.He slept when I Bf him. Let me know if u need any info.Happy journey

7. charmingpooh

Thanks a lot raji.useful information. i am giving only BM. Shall i try lactogen?Cleared Visa that time itself she made more noise. thats what worrying so much.Also we have variety of cerelac. suggest me for 5 months kid. i am asking you more questions. But I am thinking for this answers only.I will be coming mostly on march first week I will ask for bassinet. many thanks...

Cheers
    Poornima

8. gemini19

gemini19 New IL'ite

My advice is not to introduce new foods while travelling.BM is the best .Take a thick shawl to cover urself n baby while feeding...I am giving lactogen formula 1 and Rice Cerlac(Dr advice).continue with BM if the baby gets enough, think about formula's after reaching US

9. charmingpooh

Thanks raji and finally i am not going alone,my dh is accompanying me. so I am relaxed.Thanks again.

Cheers
    Poornima