1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

flight / air india feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by khushipoise, Feb 3, 2010.

1. khushipoise

khushipoise Senior IL'ite

thanks a ton jyoti, mrs V, - will def keep in mind your suggestions.
    will ask abt the wheelchair assistance. My best wishes to both of you .

my heart felt wishes to all of you too who replied so promptly,
    i m actually pretty new to IL, but it doesnt take much time to realize tht its a wonderful resource, im still discovering it ..seeing all the sections ...
    and i love the fact that you can share so much here...
    thanks,
    khushi.

2. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Air India? Yukkk...!! for life....!!
    I dont even travel with Air India if they offer me to fly for free..

They are the worst airlines that I ever come across..

I even hate to write the worst experience that they gave me in one of my travel.
    I strongly suggest to not to pay a single penny for the Air India. For a sample, try to call their customer support number and keep counting the time from your initial dial :)

3. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Just one more thing. If both your parents are coming make sure that you get wheelchairs for BOTH parents. Otherwise, one will be left to run after the attendant that pushes the wheelchair and that can be too strenuous for the person walking.

Also, eventhough your mom will have a wheelchair on ground, make sure you advise her to walk every now and then when the seatbelt sign is off. People (esp at this age) can develop blood clots in their legs from the lack of excercise. Just a few steps up and down the aisle will help eliviate that. This advise is good for everyone from kids to the elderly.

4. khushipoise

thanks manaswini - :)
    will keep that in mind.

5. khushipoise

can u share what happened ? maybe your experience will help all of us ..

6. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi friends,

some say good about air india and some have bad experience with air india. i think the travel and the immigration all depends purely on your luck.

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I have never had any significant bad experience on Air India but my USA/India horror story was on SwissAir which is supposed to be so good. It was my all time worst carrier. The seats were so jammed packed together that when the guy in front of me lowered the back of seat I could not keep my feet flat on the floor (and I am 5'4"!!!!!). Swiss Air should have paid me to take that hellish flight instead of the other way around. And to top it off I spent the night in a hotel in Brooklyn being sick from their food.

8. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

I will be travelling alone with my 5 months old DD in Air India mostly. will they give any assistance?? ALONE also first time.. I am :hide: position. pls giv any ideas.

Thanx
    Poornima

9. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Okay, here you go...

There was a medical emergency back home, I tried to call all possible travel agents and finally got one and only Air India selling tickets(may be every one hated to buy from Air India and left for people like me :) ).
    The deal is .. Air India code share with Singapore Airlines (Google for what does it mean by CODE SHARE in the Airlines?
    To be brief: Code share is the arrangement between different airlines to give a ticket for a passenger between their flights. We pay for one airlines, that airlines issues tickets for the entire route our the passenger's journey, these tickets includes with the other airline carriers with whom the SELLING airlines have a "Code SHARE" deal.

So, I travelled safely to India and the Medical emergency ended at the ODD result.
    I need to come back to US. I need to change the date of my journey for a different reason. So, I called Air India in India, there is no one lifted ringing customer support phone lines. I tried like this for 3 days and ended up in traveling to Hyderabad to change my date of journey (Means the customer support is virtually not existing, no one cares). I physically went to the airlines office to request to change the flight. They said that they dont have that day flight available, I asked when would be the earliest next flight available for me. They told me that "Check every day". I asked that "Your customer support lines are useless, no one responds" the lady at the counter told me that "Come to here every day, wait in the line, check if there is a flight for that day till you get the next flight" .. I was like WTF (sorry.. for the lingo...) ??????!!!!!. So, I got no option. I ended up in visiting their office everyday for the next 7 days and ultimately got one day seat to fly back to US. I simply stayed with my family in a lodge in Hyderabad just to check the next available flight, no phone support or anything, they are the Indian NATIONAL airlines.. crap!!! is int it?

Anyways.. now the real fun part comes..
    I need to fly from Hyderabad to Singapore, Singapore to Hong Kong, Hong Kong to USA.
    Air India in Hyderabad gave me the boarding pass for Hyd-Singapore. I asked them to give the rest of the boarding passes(from Singapore-HKG, HKG-USA) like others are getting in the line. They said that "Your travel information is not showing up in our computer, you can get your boarding passes in Singapore Airport") I believed them(stupid me..!@!!@@#). I landed in Singapore Airport at 7 AM their time. I tried to go to a Singapore Airlines customer support location(since my flight from Singapore to USA is being Singapore Airlines flight, not Air India flight). They said that I dont have any booking done for any flight !!!!!!!. I was surprised. Singapore airlines asked me to talk to Air India office in Singapore Airport since I paid for Air India, Singapore airlines cant do anything. I took a terminal train and went to the Air India office in Singapore (since no one is lifting the phone from Air India office in Singapore). There is no one there at the counters. My next flight(as per my initial schedule) is about to leave from the airport. I dont have any Air India people to find where my booking was gone. I was like in between the earth and sky, dangling..

< I will keep short my post by stopping here about my rest of the story, which is even worse to tell>

Simply, I dont trust the Air India for life(literally for life). They dont know that they are a firm which is being paid by their customers and at least some one needs to lift the phone for 1000 trials of calling from a customer.
    They never care about their customers. Its like a typical government office in India, no one cares about your application or request.

So, now read back my original response in this thread, why do I hate it. I am sad that my country got this kind of business to do withe world!!

10. khushipoise

hi ,
    sorry to hear your trouble - thanks for sharing it though ...
    yeah air india is good sometimes , sometimes really bad - depends on your luck
    sad but true...
    all the best to you for the future .